More Pics of the F-16 to wet your Appetite 'Large Post'

Shaun Fletcher

Just great video, viper and pink floyd, just great. I just can't see the movement in control surfaces, I believe that they are there it's just my monitor and my eyes, I've been painting all day long, Catalina into a Norwegian paint  ;)

btw where were you flying, it didn't look familiar to me.

I do all my tests over Egypt these days, that way the ground textures don't look like regular crap in DX10.

Thanks

Fantastic Dag, your FS looks pretty decent in DX10. But the problem with DX10 is no lights :( That and because I get crappy graphics is why I discard DX10 all together.

For all that would like to see a start-up video: as soon as the start-up procedure is working correct on the F-16 I'll post a video of that as soon as possible. Hopefully that's with the next beta :rolleyes:

Fantastic Dag, your FS looks pretty decent in DX10. But the problem with DX10 is no lights :( That and because I get crappy graphics is why I discard DX10 all together.

For all that would like to see a start-up video: as soon as the start-up procedure is working correct on the F-16 I'll post a video of that as soon as possible. Hopefully that's with the next beta :rolleyes:

That would be a good video to keep as reference anyway.

Hey developers! :)

I am sorry if this has been stated before, but I have a question regarding the intakes. I believe that some F-16's has wider intakes than the others and I was wondering if this was included.

The reason I ask for this is because I just read an article about the F-16CJ in the Combat Aircraft magazine, and I tried comparing a picture of the F-16CJ with a RNoAF F-16A and am sure I saw a difference. :huh:

But it could just be me anyway :P

Thanks

Yep, that's included. The General Electric engine (on most of the C and D models) has a bigger (wider) air intake than the Pratt & Whitney engine. The difference isn't really that bigm but if you look close you will see it.

• Aerosoft
Cool :blink:

I can tell this is going to be great!

Pretty exciting stuff , release date firm yet? (please :rolleyes: )

Randy

No, we are in the last beta run, but while modeling and texturing is done on a very regular schedule, this updating is far less easy to plan as it can become so complex.

Is an August Releas possible? Or is it going to be September?

I want to enter a sceenshot contest with it. This months Theme is Airshow, and i think this is THE plane to participate with...

I realy like it. Good Job to all developers!

• Aerosoft
Is an August Releas possible? Or is it going to be September?

I want to enter a sceenshot contest with it. This months Theme is Airshow, and i think this is THE plane to participate with...

I realy like it. Good Job to all developers!

September. beta testing is not going as smooth as possible.

Hello,

You are running a beta test now right?

What does a beta test mean, is it a stage that youre looking for problems in the aircraft or scenery

or what just curious! :P

can you guys give us some more pictures of the F-16 please?

Thankyou Rick van Eijk

Hello,

You are running a beta test now right?

What does a beta test mean, is it a stage that youre looking for problems in the aircraft or scenery

or what just curious! :P

can you guys give us some more pictures of the F-16 please?

Thankyou Rick van Eijk

Betaware is a nickname for software which has passed the alpha testing stage of development and has been released to a limited amount of users for software testing before its official release. Beta testing allows the software to undergo usability testing with users who provide feedback, so that any malfunctions these users find in the software can be reported to the developers and fixed. Beta software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss.

A beta version is the first version released outside the organization or community that develops the software, for the purpose of evaluation or real-world black/grey-box testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release. Beta level software generally includes all features, but may also include known issues and bugs of a less serious variety.

The users of a beta version are called beta testers. They are usually customers or prospective customers of the organization that develops the software. They receive the software for free or for a reduced price, but act as free testers.

Beta versions test the supportability of the product, the go-to-market messaging (while recruiting Beta customers), the manufacturability of the product, and the overall channel flow or channel reach.

Beta version software is likely to be useful for internal demonstrations and previews to select customers, but unstable and not yet ready for release. Some developers refer to this stage as a preview, a prototype, a technical preview (TP) or as an early access. As the second major stage in the release lifecycle, following the alpha stage, it is named after the Greek letter beta, the second letter in the Greek alphabet.

Often this stage begins when the developers announce a feature freeze on the product, indicating that no more feature requirements will be accepted for this version of the product. Only software issues, or bugs and unimplemented features will be addressed.

Developers release either a closed beta or an open beta; closed beta versions are released to a select group of individuals for a user test, while open betas are to a larger community group, usually the general public. The testers report any bugs that they found and sometimes minor features they would like to see in the final version.

An example of a major public beta test was when Microsoft started releasing regular Windows Vista Community Technology Previews (CTP) to beta testers starting in January 2005. The first of these was build 5219. Subsequent CTPs introduced most of the planned features, as well as a number of changes to the user interface, based in large part on feedback from beta testers. Windows Vista was deemed feature complete with the release of build 5308 CTP, released on February 22, 2006, and much of the remainder of work between that build and the final release of the product focused on stability, performance, application and driver compatibility, and documentation.

When a beta becomes available to the general public it is often widely used by the technologically savvy and those familiar with previous versions as though it were the finished product. Usually developers of freeware or open-source betas release them to the general public while proprietary betas go to a relatively small group of testers. Recipients of highly proprietary betas may have to sign a non-disclosure agreement. A release is called feature complete when the product team agrees that functional requirements of the system are met and no new features will be put into the release, but significant software bugs may still exist. Companies with a formal software process will tend to enter the beta period with a list of known bugs that must be fixed to exit the beta period, and some companies make this list available to customers and testers.

As the Internet has allowed for rapid and inexpensive distribution of software, companies have begun to take a more flexible approach to use of the word "beta". [1] Netscape Communications was infamous for releasing alpha level versions of its Netscape web browser to the public and calling them “beta” releases. In February 2005, ZDNet published an article about the recent phenomenon of a beta version often staying for years and being used as if it were in production-level [2]. It noted that Gmail and Google News, for example, had been in beta for a long period of time and were not expected to drop the beta status despite the fact that they were widely used; however, Google News did leave beta in January 2006. This technique may also allow a developer to delay offering full support and/or responsibility for remaining issues. In the context of Web 2.0, people even talk of perpetual betas to signify that some software is meant to stay in beta state. Also, "beta" is sometimes used to indicate something more like a release candidate such as the Halo 3 public beta.

Hi.

Having a dreadful time waiting for your bird, upgrading computer etc etc (this will be one expensive addon :lol: ), i was wondering about something.

If you have a favorite paintscheme and wish to apply that scheme to other models to get the loadout you want, is that possible? Or are the differences between models too big? I know most of the time i try this it works really well, but this aircraft looks a tiny little bit :P more detailed than others ive tried it on.

Regards

• Aerosoft
Hi.

Having a dreadful time waiting for your bird, upgrading computer etc etc (this will be one expensive addon :lol: ), i was wondering about something.

If you have a favorite paintscheme and wish to apply that scheme to other models to get the loadout you want, is that possible? Or are the differences between models too big? I know most of the time i try this it works really well, but this aircraft looks a tiny little bit :P more detailed than others ive tried it on.

Regards

Changing the model and what hangs on it is part of the MDL and can not be changed without the source files. But we'll listen to requests and will see what can be added after release and of course we got a rather side variaty of models already. I would say 80% of all F-16 flying can be done with the models we have. Of course painting is easy as we will deliver the paint kit. You only need a bitmap editor that can handle Paintshop layered files.

Changing the model and what hangs on it is part of the MDL and can not be changed without the source files. But we'll listen to requests and will see what can be added after release and of course we got a rather side variaty of models already. I would say 80% of all F-16 flying can be done with the models we have. Of course painting is easy as we will deliver the paint kit. You only need a bitmap editor that can handle Paintshop layered files.

Thx for the reply.

My question was poorly phrased. What i meant was that on some aircraft its possible to take ie. Texture.rnoaf and put whats inside that folder into ie. Texture.usaf, and then get the rnoaf paint on the usaf model. Not changing the actual model..just swapping the textures around. Hmm.. dont know if that made more sense.. :huh:

Regards