More Pics of the F-16 to wet your Appetite 'Large Post'

Shaun Fletcher

As Tim shows, the product is tuned for users of the head mounted view trackers.

Showing the HUD...

http://www.aerosoft.com/forum_screens/f16/HUD.wmv

A full circuit...

http://www.aerosoft.com/forum_screens/f16/HUD2.wmv

Hi Mathijs :)

The movies that you posted look really nice and you've created (all the team) beatiful airplane. However, the effect of the HUD still need some tweaking.

In real HUD, the image seems to be stationary no matter from what angle the pilot looks at it. Thanks to this, pilot always sees important symbols like aiming cues, flight path marker or horizon line in correct place. This effect can be seen at the end of this movie, when camera moves in front of working hud:

In the videos you posted, it's clearly visible that the HUD projection moves when the pilot moves his head, it just moves a little bit less than before. Sure, it makes a nice eye candy, but it is as useless and unrealistic for TrackIr users as the HUD in default F/A 18. 

In FSX the "projection plane" of a hud shouldn't be nearer than 15-20 meters from the eyepoint position. This will make it look almost stationary.

I'm sorry i don't mean to bitch here... but come on let those guys work on their awesome plane and stop asking allll these questions.

I mean i have never seen so many questions asked by one guy as james... don't mean any disrespect of course.

But just let them work and trust them to make a complete and beautiful aircraft as you desire.

When it comes out it will probably come out with a full discription and all your answers will be answered and if not buy the plane and see for your self. Till then just hold on to your seat, bite your lip and wait till it comes out.

Yet again don't mean to bitch...

You may delete my post if you find it offensive i just wanted to give my 2 cents.

Regards.

I'm sorry i don't mean to bitch here... but come on let those guys work on their awesome plane and stop asking allll these questions.

I mean i have never seen so many questions asked by one guy as james... don't mean any disrespect of course.

But just let them work and trust them to make a complete and beautiful aircraft as you desire.

When it comes out it will probably come out with a full discription and all your answers will be answered and if not buy the plane and see for your self. Till then just hold on to your seat, bite your lip and wait till it comes out.

Yet again don't mean to bitch...

You may delete my post if you find it offensive i just wanted to give my 2 cents.

Regards.

You are correct that I ask a lot of questions; I have several reasons for that; least of which is to insure that things are as advertised.

Many advanced users, or aviators like myself, want to see the payware reach authenticity as far as possible without too many compromises. Besides, when your paying for as many products, as I tend to get, the $$$$ amounts then to raise quite high and the last thing I want is another broken toy that I am disappointed in, cannot use, and, most especially, cannot return/get a refund for.

Also, when developers are often too quiet projects get abandoned or dropped because of lack of interest... So, I want to keep things alive.

Thus, the questions...

Sorry, If I offended your sensibilities. I'm a detailed oriented person; "knowledge is power" to the purchaser as well as the seller; they know what we want and we know what they're selling - Got it <_<

I get what your saying and like i said before i didn't mean to offend you.

But i was putting myself in there possition... and i would have got tired of alll these questions.

Of course i didn't only mean you i kinda used you as an example sorry for that.

I can understand if you spend a lot of money on add-ons you don't want to get disapointed and neither do i as i spend a lot of euros on add-ons as well. But i don't ask for every detail on a project when it's not finished or brought out yet... maybe this is the difference between a hobby simmer and a pro simmer. At some levell you need to put your trust in the compagny as well.

Yet again sorry if i offended you..

Regards.

I really think that they put these forums here so we can ask questions and they can get an idea of what we are looking for in a simulation. Many things they may not put in a release, when they see enough interest it may come out later in an update.

I don't think that they mind the questions.

I really think that they put these forums here so we can ask questions and they can get an idea of what we are looking for in a simulation. Many things they may not put in a release, when they see enough interest it may come out later in an update.

I don't think that they mind the questions.

One things for sure I am certain this forum lets Aerosoft know there is more than enough interest in this

yet to be released product, 54,396 views so far .I wonder if that is a record or close to one

Randy

Honestly, they don't have to reply. They do it as a courtesy. If they get too busy to answer questions, then they will stop answering them. Maybe they just love to post. If their time wasn't spent on this thread, then it may be on another. Plus, a few minutes out of each day isn't that much. It may also help to maintain buzz when there are frequent updates.

I'm not saying that there are no absurd requests (I want this...I want that...I'm sad to hear that xxxx is not present). I think that's what gets me more than anything, but I also understand that people are really excited about this add on. It's their one chance to fly a ultra high quality bird and they want it to be just right.

Sorry for the rambling. I had a super long day today. My brain hurts.

... I'm not saying that there are no absurd requests (I want this...I want that...I'm sad to hear that xxxx is not present). I think that's what gets me more than anything, ...

Guys,

I don't think this is the place to vent your frustrations or pick fights with anyone... Everybody here is entitled to request or make suggest to the developers despite what your personal gripes might be; it is also the developers obligation to post or not; after all they (Management) started this preview post for that very purpose.

Lets play nice with eachother here; or they'll kick everyone out of this play ground; then you'll really have something to gripe about... :lol:

Your absolutely right James. We all do this to have fun and great fun it is.

Bob

Just speaking for me here, I answer what I am allowed to answer and can answer and for the rest, just have fun. I like questions anyway but if things go unanswered for a while, either we cannot answer, is to busy to follow them all or too lazy to answer..... :rolleyes:

Forums are for questions so no need to keep quiet.

Best

I would like to think that the forums were created partly for exactly what people like James are doing.

Everyone has their own tastes and requirements, and some are pickier than others, but at least in the case we are using as an example, he is neither pushy nor rude, and just wants the best available info to make his decision for purchase.

I purchased Aibus vol.1 for example, and until a few months ago, had no repint in Royal Jordanian colors, and had to rely on the amazing mcphat repaint of the project airbus a320 with the wilco panel installed.(not the smartest thing to do, but works.).

Plus, to this day would be willing to pay for an upgrade that includes weather radar.

People seem to be unaware of the fact that you may get what you want out of a product, while others do not, and that is not always a pleasant situation.

Look around, and you will see that most payware aircraft, understandably, when it comes to sales figures include mainly european, and american airlines, and not too many from the rest of the world.

This as I said makes sense, but leaves a lot of simmers wanting for more out of a product they paid good money for.

• Aerosoft
Hi Mathijs :)

The movies that you posted look really nice and you've created (all the team) beatiful airplane. However, the effect of the HUD still need some tweaking.

In real HUD, the image seems to be stationary no matter from what angle the pilot looks at it. Thanks to this, pilot always sees important symbols like aiming cues, flight path marker or horizon line in correct place. This effect can be seen at the end of this movie, when camera moves in front of working hud:

In the videos you posted, it's clearly visible that the HUD projection moves when the pilot moves his head, it just moves a little bit less than before. Sure, it makes a nice eye candy, but it is as useless and unrealistic for TrackIr users as the HUD in default F/A 18. 

In FSX the "projection plane" of a hud shouldn't be nearer than 15-20 meters from the eyepoint position. This will make it look almost stationary.

That's being worked at right now. it's very very tricky though.

• Aerosoft
I would like to think that the forums were created partly for exactly what people like James are doing.

right... And at Aerosoft we feel the customer has a valid and important role in development. That's why we discuss it rather openly and show development regular.

Now this always leads to requests we can't or do not want to include. That's the downside of it. But again, if it is discussed openly it should not pose a problem. For example the chute, we don't include that because we feel it is a not a majorly important part and we rather spend the time on other things. But it was a valid question and we gave an honest answer. So keep pushing us with more questions, we don't mind.

So you don't have control surface animations yet?

Sure we do... look at the snap roll, you can see the horiz stabs moving. In my current beta files I have a buggy .cab-file where the programming of the animation of speed brakes, Flaperons and LEF are not working as advertised so that's why you don't see much movement on them. Much of the flight was at above 600kts TAS anyway so you won't see much movement and the spd brks were not operated.

Apart from that, any other comments from you, no ?

Best

Sure we do... look at the snap roll, you can see the horiz stabs moving. In my current beta files I have a buggy .cab-file where the programming of the animation of speed brakes, Flaperons and LEF are not working as advertised so that's why you don't see much movement on them. Much of the flight was at above 600kts TAS anyway so you won't see much movement and the spd brks were not operated.

Best

great job dag. the viper is looking as sexy as she can be :) really can't wait for this product. you guys are doing a tremondous job on this one.

any chance of a startup video though? would really like to see the realism (and sounds) behind the whole start up procedure from a cold run (JFS run, engine RPM check, FLCS test, electronics power-on, HUD test, MFD test, etc. )

we know your busy as hell, so no stress, just if you have time ;)

cheers.

-holografique

Best

Just great video, viper and pink floyd, just great. I just can't see the movement in control surfaces, I believe that they are there it's just my monitor and my eyes, I've been painting all day long, Catalina into a Norwegian paint  ;)

btw where were you flying, it didn't look familiar to me.