Not receiving ILS or VOR's

Hopefully I'm just overlooking something simple or obvious...  First two flights I was able to tune both and receive both. Now, several flights in a row, nothing. Correct freq's confirmed (autotune and manual as per chart the same) and nav source selected, I get either LOC1 or VOR2 in red and boxed in red.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks,

100% confirmed correct freq's. I've used your navdata and navigraph with same results. If it's something or some setting that I've changed, what could that possibly be? Very hard to fly without ILS and VOR's...

Thanks,

Uninstalled / reinstalled jet, same results. In the attached pic you will see the red VOR2 prompt on the PFD and you will see the SYR VOR to which NAV2 is tuned (117.00) shown on the MFD. Autotune DID find the SYR VOR itself. Selecting either bearing pointer does nothing as well. Tuning the ILS freq yields LOC1 in red in red box prompt on PFD.

I did the reinstall hoping that it might resolve any setting that I had inadvertently changed.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Please login to display this image.

This is very strange indeed. I spawned at KSYR and receive both. Do you have a Honeycomb yoke or any other controller with any “always on” switches? As you probably know, there is an existing problem in MSFS caused by such switches (to be addressed in World Update 4), that usually manifests as a problem with heading adjustments only increasing in 10 degree increments.

Based on some other posts I have seen here on the forum, there is some indication that certain controllers or controller switches may be silently disabling the CRJ avionics master “behind the scenes”. This is unconfirmed. One way to test would be to disconnect all controllers except mouse and keyboard. (NOT while the sim is running!), then reload MSFS, load the CRJ and see if it makes a difference.

Another test (if you have not already done so) would be to load a default aircraft at SYR to see if the VOR and ILS can be received. This would rule out any possible problems in the scenery - especially if you use a 3rd party add-on for the airport.

I have the same issue...

The ILS at EDDM work fine on my first flight this morning. This afternoon, I do the same flight, with the same frequency, setting radio nav, etc... but ILS don't match. 

It's look like weather ok on the first flight of the day and not the other...

JLuc

SOLVED - PLEASE CLOSE

@JRBarrett Your suggestion to try the default planes got me started down the right path. I can't believe I overlooked that test. I guess I had a bad case of tunnel vision and assumed the "new issue" must be related to the "new addition to my sim". 

Short story: Combination of Addon Linker and Navigraph data

Long story:

-Tried 3 or 4 of the default planes and still no joy - all over the world and with default scenery. At that point I really thought there was something majorly wrong with my FS installation and was preparing to reinstall the whole show.

-Conferred with my other team members at WT and they suggested I try with our CJ4 and to look at specific information in the FMS to troubleshoot. Now, here is where habits play a part. As usual, when I fire up the CJ4 I also enable Navigraph data in Addon Linker. I did so and fire up the jet and bingo, ILS's and VOR's are receiving.

-Right after the last successful CRJ flight with receiving ILS/VOR, I installed the new Navigraph data using their installer which overwrites the Navadata Pro Data folder within the CRJ folder. I "assumed" that because both the jet and the data were in the community folder, it should read the data without selecting navigraph in Addon Linker. This was a wrong assumption.

-So as a second, negative consequence I believe that having the CRJ specific navdata in the community folder, this was blocking the default FS data from being loaded to the default planes - I am assuming that the specific CRJ data is not compatible with them which would make sense...

Thanks for the direction.

Cheers,

Archived