TCA Throttle Idle Power

The TCA's are super sensitive due to the Hall Sensors which is great since we can get all kinds of fine control...

However this does come at a cost...  If you watch the Raw control data of the TCA you are going to notice that "Idle" is never the same twice....  with a 0-65K range  it makes for a bit of a problem back at idle...

A suggestion to Aerosoft would be to enable an IDLE RANGE...  So a Top of Idle and Bottom of Idle.  This would help us to set the the TOP just a little ahead of the IDLE Detent on the controller and then set the "Bottom" of that Range to be just past the Gate when you go down into the Reverser range of the TCA...  Would also be helpful for other controllers since it would give a bit of a Idle range as well.

To Solve this I have used Spad.next (Don't use this a means to no address the issue as it is a workaround.....) I make Custom Axis Ranges ... And I essentially "FAKE" this by First having to Lie to the CRJ and tell it that my Throttle do not have a Reverser Range... and then that the -16383 for IDLE...

Custom Range 1 will take me from Full thrust to a point on the Throttle JUST ahead of  the IDLE detent...  That Range is then "Rescaled" to be the 16384 to -16383 Range... Then The Second Range is from that point just a head of the controller IDLE to back into the Reverser range over the hump.  For that I am again doing a rescale of that Range... But basically that range is  -16383 to -16383 so all that time it is effectively sending "IDLE" over and over again until I move back into the first custom Range...

Next I use the "Virtual Buttons" of the TCA at the bottom of the Reverser to send the Throttle DEC event... But not doing it with Repeat...  When Pressed (switch on) it will Send that command wait 100ms then send it again... Do this 5 times total and it is in Full Reverse....  This was done so that I can add a command that when I move off that Virtual button and the Switch Releases.... It Sends the Throttle Cut Command... Which disables the Rev mode and sets it back to Idle....

This is all due to the fact that you just cant get a large enough "Idle Zone" or Idle Buffer directly with the TCA :(.....

unknown.png?width=400&height=297

unknown.png?width=383&height=300

unknown.png?width=373&height=300

unknown.png?width=400&height=276

• Aerosoft

The developer is advised of the issue and will take the proper measures.
It has been somewhat corrected with the first update.
We keep investigating to be able to further address the issue in a future update.

Archived