How to use the TCA throttle, the reverse levers and Starter buttons with Aerosoft Airbusses under P3Dv4/v5

SimWare

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am experiencing pretty much the same issue as a few people here. The thrust levers are not working properly even after calibrating them in P3D (yes I did leave them in the CL before saving the calibration). TOGA and FLEX detents work as they should, but when i put the levers in CL, the levers in sim are already a bit lower than that, and putting them into idle keeps the sim ones at around 30% thrust. To get the sim levers into idle i have to put the real ones into reverse. I have also tried calibrating them without going into reverse. This made pretty much all the detents out of sync with the controller, but atleast idle is now idle. After trying to use reverse, nothing happens. ENG start levers and ENG MODE selector work normally. Virtual buttons are enabled in the Thrustmaster Control Panel.

Thanks for any help

PS: I have P3Dv4.5 and aerosoft A320 family is up to date

EDIT: I solved the issue by selecting only the TCA qudrant support in the airbus configurator despite the fact that i also have the sidestick. It says it in the manual provided in the original post in this topic. Works perfectly fine now.

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Yes indeed, if you check both, the addon will compute the

throttle level based on both the throttle levers AND the little throttle flap

on the joystick.

Best regards.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2022 at 9:31 PM, Cloudchaser said:

(...)however they are reversed and skip a detent or two). My hardware completely fine FYI.

Regarding the reversed inputs, did you tick the "reverse" box for that axis when assigning it in the control assignments menu in P3D?

Regarding the skipping of detents, did you set the positions according to your hardware in the ND_GDI-whatever file as you should have done as well before for the throttles?

Thank you for the guide which I have found very useful. I have managed to get all the buttons to work on the throttle quadrant except the thrust reversers. But I note that my A319/A320 configurator is different from the one you have shown. There is no option on mine for the tick box for the Thrustmister throttle quadrant. I have the latest updates installed. Am I missing some thing? Is this the cause of the thrust reversers not working? Please help. (Although my picture is of A318/A319, my A320/A321 configurator is the same). I have P3Dv4.5.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, John1088 said:

Thank you for the guide which I have found very useful. I have managed to get all the buttons to work on the throttle quadrant except the thrust reversers. But I note that my A319/A320 configurator is different from the one you have shown. There is no option on mine for the tick box for the Thrustmister throttle quadrant. I have the latest updates installed. Am I missing some thing? Is this the cause of the thrust reversers not working? Please help. (Although my picture is of A318/A319, my A320/A321 configurator is the same). I have P3Dv4.5.

Hi John,

It seems the A3xx configurator isn't updated.
- What is the Airbus revision number ?

- Where did you buy it from and hwo did you update it ?

- Do you have other Aerosoft Airbusses on your computer ?

Thank you. 

Hi, many thanks for your quick reply.

I have the Aerosoft A318/A319 Professional and the A320/A320 installed. I purchased both of them direct from the Aerosoft shop. (online download version).

My A318/A319 states that I have 'Installed version: 1.4.3.2' and the A320/A321 'Installed version: 1.4.3.2'. I clicked on the updater program yesterday to see if this would correct it. 

The configurator in file manager for both states that they were last modified on '29/04/2020'. I couldn't find a way to update the configurator.

I have a newly purchased computer from two months ago, its possible that I dragged some files from a backup to my new computer, but had installed updates for the above recently prior to this. 

Any suggestions?

Hi,

No, I can't see them on either version. I have also checked through my drives to make sure there are no old versions installed.

• Aerosoft

Hi John, 

This is strange. Can you please uninstall all the A3xx, then reinstall only one (either 18-19 or 20-21) first

then check the update and finally check if the TCA options appear in the Configurator ?

Thank you.

Hi, I was hoping I wouldn't have to do a uninstall and reinstall but I have done so, and I am happy say that this HAS worked and fixed the problem. 

I re-downloaded and installed the full most recent version (A318/A319) from the Aerosoft shop rather than use my purchased version on my hard drive and then update. I will do the same for the A320/A321 later.

The reverse thrust and CLB functions also now work.

Many thanks for your quick help today. 

John.

• Aerosoft

Hi John,
Glad it works. It was indeed quite a drastic solution, but as it isn't a too heavy download, it is 

often worth simply reinstalling the full addon.

Just check the issue is also solved with the 20-21 version.

Best regards. 

• 3 weeks later...

Updated the software to the latest version, but the TCA support does not cover all models, very confused. Only one model's throttle can follow, the others throttle levers are dead. anyone faced the same?

• Aerosoft

Hi,

Can you explain what you mean ?

I am afraid I don't understand exactly what the issue is.

Can you please give exemples and screenshots ?

Thank you.

Thank you for your reply. I mean, I have opened all the options for TCA support in the [A3xxx Configurator].But only the original Airbus livery can handle throttle follow perfectly. Any other liveries, throttle movement of TCA peripherals will not react in the game.

I really can't seem to find an answer on this one question.  Has anyone had an issue when turning the knob (button 7/8) to ign/start and the engine starting up as if you pressed the master switch on?  It only does it for ENG 1. HELP!!!  I never move the master switch to on.  I've done updates/modifcations in the aerosoft a320 config/assigned appropriate buttons (hotas) in p3d.

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, precious62b said:

I really can't seem to find an answer on this one question.  Has anyone had an issue when turning the knob (button 7/8) to ign/start and the engine starting up as if you pressed the master switch on?  

What are the assignments in P3D ?

Do you have FSUIPC installed ?

Thank you.

I have the newest FSUIPC installed but I haven't set it up (maybe I need to).  I'm really confused with that program and actually I could use someone else's parameters so I could inject those numbers in.  Thanks.

• Aerosoft

Glad it works.

As a general rule, try not to mix different interface system

when one is enough.

It just adds complexity and make debugging more intricate.

Not a criticism, just an information.

Also, if a peculiar behavior occurs and you have FSUIPC,

don't rely on the fact that no assignment appears in the interface.

There may be some remaining in the config file.

To rule out any FSUIPC implication in your problem,

just temporary cut and paste the entire "modules" folder somewhere else an restart the sim.

Best regards.

• 4 months later...
On 4/15/2022 at 10:54 PM, precious62b said:

I fixed it.  I had to change the button assignment in FSUIPC for the IGN/START switch to "ENGINE" from "ENGINE AUTO-START."  Thanks.

has anyone managed to set this up in fsuipc with the gates in the right position

• 3 weeks later...

Servus,
das Thema ist schon älter aber bei mir immer noch aktuel. Ich habe alle Punkte wie beschrieben auf Seite 1 durchgeführt. Jedoch wenn ich die Schubhebel bewege passiert im P3D Aerosoft A330 leider gar nichts. Ich kann eine Reaktion erzwingen indem ich einen Hebel die Achse Throttle gebe.
Wenn ich dem Schubhebel 1 die Achse Maschine 1  und Schubhebel 2 Maschine 2 zuweise bekomme ich keine reaktion.
Zusätztlich zu den Schubachsen habe ich noch die Spoilers, Flaps, Ruder und Bremsen zug.

Wer kann mir hierbei eventuel Helfen oder hat noch einen Tipp

Vielen Dank und beste Grüße

Bernhard

Hallo,
this topic is old but still relevant to me. I have carried out all points as described on page 1. Unfortunately, when I move the thrust levers, nothing happens in the P3D Aerosoft A330. I can force a reaction by giving a lever to the Throttle axis. If I assign axis machine 1 to thrust lever 1 and axis machine 2 to thrust lever 2, I get no reaction. In addition to the thrust axles, I also have the spoilers, flaps, rudders and brakes.
Can anyone help me with this or have any tips

Thanks and best regards

Bernard

• Aerosoft

Hi,

Can you post screenshots of : 
- The A330 Aersoft Configurator
- The Throttle axes assignments in P3D
- The sensitivity curves of the throttle axes 1 & 2 in P3D

- Is it P3Dv4 or-v5 ?

- Did you check that no other device (joystick, etc.) has any axis still assigned to any throttle function ?

- Is FSUIPC installed on this system ?

Thank you.