I have this problem with the CIVA INS on the dc-8. I fly it in p3dv4 and everything seems to work on the beautiful model. That is however unless a try to put a dme station WITHIN reach (200nm, and yes i always check that) into one of the units for realigning and increased accuracy. I try to follow the manual. I switch it to dme update mode (keys 7 9), it starts behaving as the manual says. I put in the coordinates of the station that the corresponding nav is already tuned to (INS1 = NAV1) then i insert the elevation and frequency of the station. Then i press waypoint change, put in the correct number and press insert. Nothing happens, the update flags dont show that its updating.
I would only like to know if there is a known issue about this or if Iam doing something wrong. I can provide a video as well, maybe someone will spot my mistake.