Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

I'm currently running v2.04 of PFPX and notice I get extra airports included in the OFP Navlog.

 

In the attached OFP extract my planned route is as follows: YCAR CAR B469 TOPIR L514 REVOP Q38 JULIM JULI5A YPPH

 

You will notice YCUN included before and after the TOC along with YPPH after the TOC. Does anyone know what is causing this? This issue happens in any flight plan I create. The errant airports change to suit the locale of the flight plan.

 

Regards,
Serge

 

image.thumb.png.5ca330f49ae325cf5a7b3f10b438593c.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the prompt response Stephen. Is this something new with v2?

 

It's great to still see you around here helping out. I'm only just getting back in it again with MSFS after an absence of around 2 years so I only recently upgraded to v2.04 after using v1.28 and don't recall seeing this previously. Also just gave my NATS spreadsheet a run and surprised it still works.

 

Regards,
Serge

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it was new to v2 Serge, it is embedded in the program so cannot be changed via any OFP Template.

 

I have been using the NATS and FAA spreadsheets since release :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just playing around with a few options to see if it could be disabled but you've just confirmed my suspicion.

 

It's also great to hear those spreadsheets are still useful.

 

Thanks again for your assistance.

 

Cheers,

Serge

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, not related to North Atlantic Tracks but to NATS UK. It's a spreadsheet that converts standard routes from a XLS file downloadable from the NATS UK website and converts them into routes PFPX can import. There is also a similar one for FAA standard routes.

 

You can grab the spreadsheets from here if still interested:

 

PFPX Route Translator Spreadsheets - PFPX - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES

 

Regards,

Serge

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get rid of them by using an abbreviated navlog in your OFP format, but you'll also lose ETPs, ETOPS entry/exit, and TOC/TOD in your navlog too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Serge75 said:

Sorry, not related to North Atlantic Tracks but to NATS UK. It's a spreadsheet that converts standard routes from a XLS file downloadable from the NATS UK website and converts them into routes PFPX can import. There is also a similar one for FAA standard routes.

 

You can grab the spreadsheets from here if still interested:

 

PFPX Route Translator Spreadsheets - PFPX - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES

 

Regards,

Serge


Ohh SRD's, yeah I know of it :D I used to download them from the download page but you have now provided me with the keys to the kingdom (especially since I can now also update my FAA routes :)).

But I assume you created the spreadsheets? If so, I'd like to run an idea by you which I have tried myself but am not sufficient enough with macros. So it didn't pan out....

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, VHOJT said:

You can get rid of them by using an abbreviated navlog in your OFP format, but you'll also lose ETPs, ETOPS entry/exit, and TOC/TOD in your navlog too.

 

Thanks for the tip. Only doing short haul/regional flights at the moment so no need for ETOPS however losing the TOC/TOD would be a minor inconvenience.

 

Regards,
Serge

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, planebass said:


Ohh SRD's, yeah I know of it :D I used to download them from the download page but you have now provided me with the keys to the kingdom (especially since I can now also update my FAA routes :)).

But I assume you created the spreadsheets? If so, I'd like to run an idea by you which I have tried myself but am not sufficient enough with macros. So it didn't pan out....

 

I knocked those spreadsheets up a few years back now. PM me your idea and I can have a look. Be warned though, I'm certainly no expert at this, really only got this done by googling along with plenty of trial and error.

 

Regards,
Serge

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...