Twotter 101 unofficial update now available

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aerosoft

That is related to the pilots in the cockpit? Or is that a flight tech term I don't know. Sorry, this is double-dutch to me this morning :lol:

Yes, it's the set of airline style pilots without the hats. So we got three kinds of pilots, the full blown airline types with gold bars and hats, the same type, but without the hats and the rough types with headsets.

• Aerosoft

Hello Mathjis,

Yes I bought it at Aersoft Shop w/Paypal

See ya, Rockit 8)

I see your order, seems to be 100% okay. I see no reason why this order does not show up in your account. Really weird. Could you send me a shot of what you see in the FAQ / Support section after you logged on? info@aerosoft-shop.com

I see your order, seems to be 100% okay. I see no reason why this order does not show up in your account. Really weird. Could you send me a shot of what you see in the FAQ / Support section after you logged on? info@aerosoft-shop.com

Thanks Mathijs,

Got it.

See ya, Rockitglider 8)

I've one question and PLEASE don't misunderstand that. When the update 1.01 came out lately the page states that the final update will be within a week. Is there an idea when it will be released? I'm not so much waiting for the fixes but more the updated manual. I've flown around quite a bit but have not printed the manual yet. And the modern GPS is quite powerful and I'm a bit puzzled. I'd love to print the manual but it will be updated too in 1.10 with performance data etc as far as I read. I don't wanne print the 120pages just to need to do it again with the updated manual. I hope you understand what my problem is.

I dont know what I have done wrong,just did a clean install inkl service pack 1.01.and still no radios are working,no fuel selector work,so what are im doing wrong

BR Jens Baltzer

I dont know what I have done wrong,just did a clean install inkl service pack 1.01.and still no radios are working,no fuel selector work,so what are im doing wrong

BR Jens Baltzer

When you say "not working", do you mean you can't change frequencies? If so, you may be trying to click on them rather than using your mousewheel. Try just putting your cursor on the dial and then moving your mousewheel up and down.

thanks using mouse weel did it now there is only one problem left,in the modern radio i cant swits to active when i have selected a channel

Best Regards Jens Baltzer

Click on the centre of the tuning dial to enable the swap frequency button. God knows why its like that but Aerosoft say its supposed to be like that, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Click on the centre of the tuning dial to enable the swap frequency button. God knows why its like that but Aerosoft say its supposed to be like that, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

The real unit does not function that way. However, the Aerosoft designers programed it to function that way.

Seems to me after all the many confused customers have come here to wonder, that Aerosoft would design the thing to work like the actual unit and also the way that all the other virtual Bendix-King radios work in FS-X.

Hey, but what the heck do I know? I just fly 'em!

Ken

Do I read a little sarcasm there ;-)

Its quite unusual yes, but if you know how to use them where is the problem? Besides, as far as I know, the advanced gauges are not even Aerosofts creations. They just bought them to built them into the Twotter. So that was not their idea. I might be mistaking though.

Oh just a small bit. :)

The truth is that I have not once used the radios in the Twin Otter. I found the units cumbersome and essentially never spent the time to figure them out.

Personally, I wish Aerosoft would design stuff to work in a natural manner that did not call for folks familiar with such instruments in other virtual aircraft to consult the manual to figure out how their versions operated.

Just program the white flip-flop button to switch freqs. Not complex at all. To me, seems like a small thing to do to minimize customer confusion.

Cheers,

Ken

Some people like it simple, others wan´t it to be as real as possible. What to choose ?

I go fore max realism.

Wothan

And in this case its neither simple or maximum realism.

As long as Aerosoft will be kind enough to follow my suggestion of providing us with a "naked and flat" radio stack, that will let anybody to choose whatever radio/GPS combination they wish from whatever third party gauge maker (or Microsoft) they wish.(and they are plenty good ones around!)

It would be soooo simple and efficient that I just wonder why it hasn'nt already been done (I mean on other planes)

And in this case its neither simple or maximum realism.

It truly saddens me to see it when quips such as this one are both fair and accurate.

Come on folks! Stop being so darn stubborn. I appreciate what you tried to accomplish. But it didn't work the way you expected it would. No one wants to crucify anyone over it. But when I see the stubborness this sort of quip is responding to, then it really makes one wonder....

Wothan/Mathjis,

No one is looking for a pound of flesh here. All anyone is asking for is to make the radio stack function in straightforward ways that not only mimic reality, but also echo and follow the established patterns that FS veterans are used to.

Just reprogram the dang flip-flop button to switch freqs just like the real unit!

That's not too much to ask for. It really isn't! I just don't understand the basis for the responses offered.

Ken

Hi Ken

I do recon that some people rather like the radios from default FSX, infact they are not bad at all.

But people also flamed the twotter to be delivered without DME allthough the radiostack that has been put into the modern twotter allready have build in DME and alot of other functions.

The radios are not developed by Aerosoft, but come from another source. Therefore they can´t be changed as easily as the rest of the twotter.

I also understand that it would be better if the radios default would use the swap buttons (stdby frequency), but as I wrote above, it can´t easily be changed.

I´m NOT a developer and I was not in the decision loop for chosing these radios, but personally I do like the approach to have something more complicated than the default radios. There are so much You can do with them and I think they where chosen in order to increase the value of the whole package, wich I again personally think they do.

When I buy an addon and recognize that half of the instruments (radios, GPS) are simply the default ones, I feel a bit cheated.

It might be possible to exchange the Twotter radios with the default ones. If enough users are interested, I will gladly try to put the default ones in for You, but I don´t think it will be as an official "upgrade", cause the next that comes are users who don´t like the ADI or HSI etc. etc and want to have those changed with something different. Supporting all those "versions" would become a nightmare.

Please try to give those radios a chance. Read the documentation for them and I guees You will learn to like them. To change the mode from direct tune to the more traditional active - stdby swap mode, only takes a press of the middle of the knobs.

Regards

Finn "Wothan" Jacobsen

Well I said that a while ago already did I. And mathjiskok also said the modern radio and GPS are a 3rd party addin, that they did not made themselves. I understand very well that it is not easily changed because of that. You can't demand from Dreamfleet that they change the RealityXP gauges the use either. It's an oddity we have to live with as it seems.

As I said, try to use those radios and their added functionality and I think You will come to like them.

To change the mode from direct tune to the traditional "Active freq" - "Stdby freq" swap only takes a press of a button.

You can even store the frequencies You are going to use during the flight before take off, making it alot easier to find the right frequencies on Vatsim or when using Radar contact.

Navigation is also easy using the build in CDI and Bearing indicators.

Finn "Wothan" Jacobsen