LSGG Install Issues p3d 5.1

arestifo

• Deputy Sheriffs

Would be interesting to see if there are any bgl files with "lsgg" in its name outside the lsgg installation folder. So please run a search for *lsgg*.bgl and list the search result. Screenshot where we can see the complete path would be good

14 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Would be interesting to see if there are any bgl files with "lsgg" in its name outside the lsgg installation folder. So please run a search for *lsgg*.bgl and list the search result. Screenshot where we can see the complete path would be good

Doesn't look like there is any outside of the Aerosoft folder:

Please login to display this image.

I ended up doing a complete frash install (both Windows10 and P3D).

Unsurprisingly, this worked. However note that the installed didn't manage to activate the addon automatically, I had to manually add it to the list of addons.

I suspect this is because my flightsim is not in C:\Programs [etc]

• Deputy Sheriffs
14 hours ago, arestifo said:

I suspect this is because my flightsim is not in C:\Programs [etc]

False suggestion, It doesnt matter where P3D is installed. It even should be installed elsewhere outside c:\ProgramFiles....

So I assume something on your System is not as expected. Maybe your Documents folder is linked to OneDrive, which is the root of many problems.

On 11/18/2020 at 9:43 AM, mopperle said:

False suggestion, It doesnt matter where P3D is installed. It even should be installed elsewhere outside c:\ProgramFiles....

So I assume something on your System is not as expected. Maybe your Documents folder is linked to OneDrive, which is the root of many problems.

No, it was a fresh install.

Step by step what I did (literally):

- Reinstall windows, formatting everything

- Format the drivers (C is on a 500GB SDD, E is on another 500GB SSD)

- Download and Install P3D v5.1 on the E drive

- Download and install Geneva Professional on the E drive

I got more than one error during the install, all related to missing files (which were there, but it was looking for them in the C drive despite me having correctly selected the installation path on a folder in the E drive). I didn't screenshot them and don't remember them exactly.

The installer didn't activate the add-on, however this time around, manually adding the add-on to the list did the trick.

I also tried running again the configurator and activating the add-on once more before adding it manually but it had no effect.

• Deputy Sheriffs
58 minutes ago, arestifo said:

I got more than one error during the install, all related to missing files

Details would be very interesting. 2 add. questions:

Which kind of account do you use to login into Windows?

Which account did you use to run the installation of LSGG?

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

Details would be very interesting. 2 add. questions:

Which kind of account do you use to login into Windows?

Which account did you use to run the installation of LSGG?

Sorry I didn't take any screenshots! :(

With all the issues I've had before, and given that now it works flawlessly, I prefer not to touch it anymore ahaha

To answer your questions:

It's an offline (as in I unplugged the ethernet cable during Windows setup to create an offline account) and it's an admin account.

I didn't tweak with any Windows settings. Only "unusual" thing is that I have 3 hard drivers (C, E and F) and the sim + addon folder and everything related to it lives in the E drive.

Archived