The first Addon installation-how to?

I got the boxed version which is properly installed to a separate SSD-disc. I have now downloaded the Paderborn scenery as the first addon to be installed and would like to know exactly on how to proceed to get it right from the beginning. Any advice is appreciated. 

Åke

• Deputy Sheriffs

Unzip the the download to a temporary folder and run the exe in this folder. No need to point to a specific location, simpy let the installer do its job.

7 hours ago, mopperle said:

Unzip the the download to a temporary folder and run the exe in this folder. No need to point to a specific location, simpy let the installer do its job.

OK, so I did and it went correctly to my B disc (SSD) but created a folder on C  with the following path: C:\Users\carla\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater

I assume that is correct

Despite of having 16GB RAM memory, 4 GB grafic card memory, i7-(6700) processor and 500GB SSD my Premium deLuxe crashes when I get close to or start from EDDF. I wonder why, checked all, W10, grafic drivers, but one indication of that something is wrong is that MSFS wont start in security mode. Major setting "Medium".

Åke

Åke

I now understand that Microsoft minimum requirement do not fit - I fulfill them but despite of this my installation crasch at higher load, the processor dont manage.

Åke

Sorry to say...but maybe its your GPU and your settings.

I ran the simulator with 16GB, I7-4960 and a RTX 2070 with 8BG on High settings in Full HD without problems.

As my CPU is worse than yours I think your graphic settings are to high so the GPU can't handle it.

Frankfurt is a big airport with lots of traffic. So there is a big graphic load.

2 hours ago, christian1974 said:

Sorry to say...but maybe its your GPU and your settings.

I ran the simulator with 16GB, I7-4960 and a RTX 2070 with 8BG on High settings in Full HD without problems.

As my CPU is worse than yours I think your graphic settings are to high so the GPU can't handle it.

Frankfurt is a big airport with lots of traffic. So there is a big graphic load.

I agree, you are right. But I run with Medium setting and Live traffic-CTD. The only way out is a new computer, will order a new Dell this week

Åke

• Herman locked this topic

Archived