ZFW difference between EFB and FMS

Hi all,

I noticed on all my flights that there is a difference of about 500 kgs between the ZFW indicated by the EFB and the one indicated by the FMS. The one in the FMS corresponds with my PFPX calculations.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Is this a bug or am I missing something? ;)

Stefan

• Developer

Those two systems are actually not connected except in the very moment when you press "COPY PERF INIT DATA TO FMS".

I don't know how PFPX calculates things, but apparently they don't do it like we do. There's probably a difference in the BOW they use.

Hi Hans,

Thanks for your answer. As a matter of fact, I did copy the performance data to the FMS. In both screenshots, there are 50 passengers, 900 kgs of cargo and 2200 kgs of fuel. However, in the EFB this yields a ZFW of 25848 kgs, and the FMS comes up with 25386 kgs. It's only a difference of about 500 kgs, but shouldn't these two values be identical?

Stefan

55 minutes ago, StefanBravo said:

shouldn't these two values be identical?

Max ZFW depends on several factors and is not always the same for every aircraft/airline. ( including same models/type. )

Archived