Can’t Use Navigraph for Navigation Database, No "Navigraph" Folder in Files After Loading Product

thbusdrivrmak1

I purchased and loaded the Aerosoft FSX Airbus A320/321 recently, and desire to use Navigraph as my navigation data base ( I have an account with Navigraph). I first opened the Aerosoft.Airbus.X. A320_21.Configurator.exe and set “Navigation Data Base” to “Navigraph” and then selected “Backup current settings.” I closed everything on my computer and then restarted the computer. Per online searches a Navigraph folder was supposed to be in C:/FSX/Aerosoft/Airbus Fallback. There is no “Navigraph” folder present, only the “NavDataPro” folder. I assumed that folder would be created when loading the Aerosoft Airbus FSX A320/321, but it’s not there.

Another online recommendation noted looking in the path C:/Users/My Name/Documents/Aerosoft/General/A3XX Nav Data. There is no “General” Folder. From the path C:/Users/My Name/Documents/Aerosoft/ there are two folders, “Aerosoft Airbus Extended” and “Airbus.” There isn’t a folder named “Navigraph” in either of the noted folders.

So, can’t find a “Navigraph” folder to load (latest) Navigraph navigation database into. What do I do to be able to use Navigraph for my Airbus A320/321 FSX products navigation database?

1 hour ago, thbusdrivrmak1 said:

I purchased and loaded the Aerosoft FSX Airbus A320/321 recently, and desire to use Navigraph as my navigation data base ( I have an account with Navigraph). I first opened the Aerosoft.Airbus.X. A320_21.Configurator.exe and set “Navigation Data Base” to “Navigraph” and then selected “Backup current settings.” I closed everything on my computer and then restarted the computer. Per online searches a Navigraph folder was supposed to be in C:/FSX/Aerosoft/Airbus Fallback. There is no “Navigraph” folder present, only the “NavDataPro” folder. I assumed that folder would be created when loading the Aerosoft Airbus FSX A320/321, but it’s not there.

Another online recommendation noted looking in the path C:/Users/My Name/Documents/Aerosoft/General/A3XX Nav Data. There is no “General” Folder. From the path C:/Users/My Name/Documents/Aerosoft/ there are two folders, “Aerosoft Airbus Extended” and “Airbus.” There isn’t a folder named “Navigraph” in either of the noted folders.

So, can’t find a “Navigraph” folder to load (latest) Navigraph navigation database into. What do I do to be able to use Navigraph for my Airbus A320/321 FSX products navigation database?

That is indeed the correct location, but you might have to create the Navigraph folder if it's not already there. 

1. Ensure the Navigraph folder is present in the correct location.

2. Install the Navigraph AIRAC to the correct location.

3. Run the Configurator as Admin and select Navigraph.

You should be all set.  But if you do that out of order, it may not work.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The FSX/P3Dv3 (32bit) version of the Airbus expects the navigation databases here:

• Simulator Program Folder\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavDataPro\
  • Simulator Program Folder\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\Navigraph\

Per default there is no "Navigraph" folder as the Airbus only comes with the NavDataPro database.

You need to make sure that your "Navigraph FMS Data Manager" points to the Fallback folder:

Please login to display this image.

Afterwards you need to run the "Airbus Configurator" and switch the navigation database from "NavDataPro" to "Navigraph".

Hi, I too have been facing the exact same problem, I installed the latest AIRAC cycle but don't know in which folder to run the setuo. A step by step guide will be really appreciated. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Rohan_Swift said:

Hi, I too have been facing the exact same problem, I installed the latest AIRAC cycle but don't know in which folder to run the setuo. A step by step guide will be really appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to the forums!

The location is shown in this thread, and I already provided step by step instructions, further amplified by Tom.  What else can we help you with my friend?

Hi, thank you for the quick reply, I am really happy that you provided the step by step instruction. But my only doubt is where to install the setup file? Is it C:/FSX/Aerosoft/Airbus FallBack or C:/Users/My Name/Documents/Aerosoft/. And in which of these to create the new folder because I didn't find any folder named NavDataPro. I can also send screenshots if you ask, I don't mind

31 minutes ago, Rohan_Swift said:

Hi, thank you for the quick reply, I am really happy that you provided the step by step instruction. But my only doubt is where to install the setup file? Is it C:/FSX/Aerosoft/Airbus FallBack or C:/Users/My Name/Documents/Aerosoft/. And in which of these to create the new folder because I didn't find any folder named NavDataPro. I can also send screenshots if you ask, I don't mind

First, it depends on which Airbus product and simulator you're using (we made several).  If it's not too much trouble, would you kindly let us know which simulator and which version of the Airbus you're using?

If you are using FSX and the Airbus A318/A319 or A320/A321 (which is what this thread is for) then the location is shown in each of the first three posts in this thread.  To help you though, I'm certainly happy to post it again:  Simulator Program Folder (this is where you installed the simulator to)\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\Navigraph\.

5 minutes ago, Rohan_Swift said:

I would also like to add that during setup the installer asked for a location and I selected that location itself without changing anything

Which setup?  The Airbus?  Navigraph AIRAC manual installation?  Setting up the Navigraph FMS Data Manager?   Did whatever you were installing go to the correct location?  I ask because you are the only one here who understands what application you're talking about and where you installed it. 

You just need to help us out with some specifics, and then we will be happy to help my friend.

Sure, I am ready to provide whatever information you ask to help me get sorted.

First- I am using Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

The Airbus version I don't know, I downloaded it yesterday. But if you are asking the variant it is A320 and A321

Second- The setup I spoke about was of the AIRAC cycle downloaded from Navigraph.com, it was a zip file which contained a .exe file, when running the zip file it showed me a location by default I selected that. I still don't know whether it is correct or not, my games are all stored on an external drive and the location the program asked was in the local disk NOT the hard drive. I am not sure whether it went to the correct location or not. So in the Airbus_FallBack folder should I create a new Folder and then run the setup to that folder?  The Airbus_FallBAck folder was empty and I couldn't find the NavDataPro folder as well

9 minutes ago, Rohan_Swift said:

The Airbus version I don't know, I downloaded it yesterday.

Can you please provide a link to the store page where you purchased the Airbus?  That will help us to identify the version.

11 minutes ago, Rohan_Swift said:

I still don't know whether it is correct or not

Me either, because I don't know what location was.  One should always check to ensure the location is correct however, and nothing prevents you from running the Navigraph installer again, but before you do so, please follow the instructions from  my post above (which I have also linked below for you).  Follow those step by step instructions and you'll be all set.

Please let us know how you make out!

Update, I followed the instruction and installed it in the directory where the Simulator was installed, now everything is fine. Thank you very much for you time, my apologies if I asked silly questions. Wherever you are I wish you prosperity, good health and happiness. Once again Thank you very much

Please login to display this image.

3 minutes ago, Rohan_Swift said:

Update, I followed the instruction and installed it in the directory where the Simulator was installed, now everything is fine. Thank you very much for you time, my apologies if I asked silly questions. Wherever you are I wish you prosperity, good health and happiness. Once again Thank you very much

Most welcome, and thanks!  Same to you!

Best wishes!

Thx Dave and Tom, works great. When setting the Navigraph (nav data download) path as noted, it automatically created the Navigraph folder when downloading the Navigraph AIRAC.  

18 minutes ago, thbusdrivrmak1 said:

Thx Dave and Tom, works great. When setting the Navigraph (nav data download) path as noted, it automatically created the Navigraph folder when downloading the Navigraph AIRAC.  

Super!  Great to hear!

Best wishes for Happy Flights!

Archived