Geneva airport comments from a local

• Developer

Hi, the latest version 1012 is a great improvement over previous ones. The mesh and ground picture enhancement make it much more realistic on approach. Yet I must say that the landscape around the VOR is a bit less hilly towards the highway intersection. Two things should be considered for another update:

1. The grass runway is closed and therefore no PAPI lights are available there anymore

2. Many buildings have a strong blueish touch, while in reality most are typical concrete light grey, except those with gold tinted glass. The tower has a tinted brown glass facade. It turns blue only when you look from ground level upward and you see the reflection of the blue sky on it. So it is a bit a chameleon, but brown is more typical...

LSGG_tower2.jpg

LSGG_tower1.jpg

On 30.12.2019 at 20:37, metzgergva sagte:

1. The grass runway is closed and therefore no PAPI lights are available there anymore

+1

I ask myself how many updates are required until you get this right. The grass RWY was closed already when your first version of LSGG was issued. A quick look to AIP Switzerland (yes, indeed, it DOES exist ) will prove that.

One thing I noticed is that the approaches have not been re-aligned to 04/22 and are still showing in ADE as 05/23 with the result that ATC does not direct either the user plane or AI to an ILS approach.

Is this being fixed now the AFCAD is up-to-date in other respects?