CRJ Pro and Trueglass

Raining hard outside at EGKK stand 51.

Not seeing rain effect on windshield?

Is Trueglass automatically activated or do i need to do something after installing the CRJ Pro please?

Andrew

• Developer

No, it's activated automatically. You can try to run the Trueglass-Installer (to be found in "<Install Path>\Aerosoft CRJ Professional\Data\SupportFile") again. May be that helps. Also, please check if you're really using P3D v4.5 Hotfix 2 (4.5.13.32097).

Thanks for coming back Hans,

Confirm I have P3D v4.5 Hotfix 2 (4.5.13.32097) installed.

I  omitted to restart my PC after install in error, so that may be the cause of my problem. I am re trying now.

Andrew

It appears to me that the Trueglass effect is a little less prominent on the CRJ than other aircraft. I also thought that it wasn't working until I realized that it in fact was, it was just a little harder to see while sitting stationary at a gate.

• Developer

I'm no 3D modeller, but as far as I am aware, Trueglass is not configurable. It's the same as with every other aircraft. May be it's because of the tinted windows, if you have HDR off or replacement shaders installed. You could try to switch to untinted windows in the EFB, Options Page 3/3 and see if things improve.

I wasn't particularly bothered by it, I just noted that the drops were a little harder to see than on some other aircraft. Could be any number of things I suppose: view point distance for example or the tinted windows. It just mentioned it because I thought someone else may also not see it at first either and confuse it for not working.

As a side note, I'm loving the new version of the CRJ. It's really turned into a fantastic add on.

Archived