controlling the speed when flying manually

Hi

I'm trying to get some more training in - and I keep getting a problem when a do a go-around. At one point the speed goes right up, well above 300kts, even though I've done everything I would normally do on a normal landing/take-off.  I get a similar on the climb - it's like it doesn't want to do when I set it to. If there's no simple answer, I'd appreciate it if you point to the correct volume.

Thanks!

Gaz

Gary,

It's impossible to know what you mean by looking at a few screen shots while lacking a narrative, however from what I'm seeing this appears to be all operator error (I could be wrong given I only have screen shots to go on, but I'll proceed from here as if this is an operational issue).

Have you made it through the tutorial flight yet?  Have you read/followed the documentation that came with the Airbus?

It's fine to post asking for assistance, but the first thing our support staff is going to look for are bugs or installation/update related issues when at this stage they are often operational errors being made.  Of course our support staff's primary responsibility and what takes up a lot of their time are non-operational software issues and this doesn't allow them very much time to teach someone how to fly an Airbus (which is why we created tutorials, and Youtube has a lot more great tutorials as well).

The assistance I'm able to offer you will point you back to the tutorials, but also Volume 8 (Weird and Wonderful Airbus Logic).  Beyond that I'll add that you have the aircraft's FMGS configured all wrong and you are commanding highly unrealistic speeds for your climb - best you start on in Managed Climb (which requires the FMGS command the speed instead of you doing so yourself).  Then learn the operational characteristics of the aircraft and how to operate it.  Also, remember that you can't fly an Airbus like a Boeing, it will never, ever work.

Additionally, you might consider joining our Connected Flight Deck Club and CFD Discord Server make some flights with those who already have excellent knowledge and experience operating the Airbus - it's as easy as scheduling a flight in the club or going into the Lounge on our Discord Server and waiting for someone who wants to make a flight.  Note that CFD is still be Beta, but getting more towards formal release every day.

While our technical support staff can't teach you to fly the Airbus (that's why we created the documentation and tutorial), we have real world Airbus pilots and highly experienced flight simmers that can certainly offer you some guidance on how to operate an Airbus.  What I'll do is ask the Boss to create a new non-technical support forum for customer to customer operational support.  This may help bridge the gap for those who have such questions (if you do, then there are surely others).

If the boss agrees, I will post the link to the new forum here.

Best wishes my friend.

Hi Dave

I have to admit, I need to look into these websites - I'll look into them. Thanks for those links. Do I need to become a member (that is fine for me)? 

As you say, the FMGS is something I need into look into more. 

Gaz

1 hour ago, GaryMcCl said:

Hi Dave

I have to admit, I need to look into these websites - I'll look into them. Thanks for those links. Do I need to become a member (that is fine for me)? 

As you say, the FMGS is something I need into look into more. 

Gaz

Hey Gary,

Yes, you need to become a member, but it's as easy as signing up.  Best wishes my friend!

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived