Elmos FIre

jonas23

Hey, i have still the problem that even when no thunderstorm is in the area that the elmos fire appearing. But only night. I have the newerst version 1.2.2.1. P3d was a complete new install (p3d v4.4)

Greetings Jonas and a happy new year

8 minutes ago, jonas23 said:

Hey, i have still the problem that even when no thunderstorm is in the area that the elmos fire appearing. But only night. I have the newerst version 1.2.2.1. P3d was a complete new install (p3d v4.4)

Greetings Jonas and a happy new year

That is very interesting!  I've made countless flights with the Bus Pro and I've still not seen it!  The environmental conditions have to right to see it, where have your flights been?

Hey, i had too a long time there this not happened but now like 1 week ago it starts again that every night on climb and decend only on night the elmos appears. Exemple flight was yesterday from EDDN to EGLL and there was defently no thunderstorm in Germany. (i use active sky) ackive sky has generate too no thunderstorm.

51 minutes ago, jonas23 said:

Hey, i had too a long time there this not happened but now like 1 week ago it starts again that every night on climb and decend only on night the elmos appears. Exemple flight was yesterday from EDDN to EGLL and there was defently no thunderstorm in Germany. (i use active sky) ackive sky has generate too no thunderstorm.

Actually, while St. Elmo's Fire is more prevalent during conditions which produce thunderstorms, it can also occur without thunderstorms (see THIS ARTICLE, paragraphs 13 through 17).  Looking at this through that light, I'm wondering if the issue you're having is due to your weather engine.  Which one are you using?

Hey, i think i dont have this problem anymore. i reinstalled my windows. Seems that fixed some bugs on p3d and in other games too. So it was possible a problem on my system. The elmos fire dosent appears now anymopre without thunderstorm and some other bugs with aerosoft airbus too not.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for reporting back and glad tomsee that a reinstall of Windows solved the problem.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived