Checklist not working proper

Hey there, I am a big Fan of the checklists that make the cockpit feel more alive and I never had issues in P3D V3. However in V4 I am having trouble in almost every flight.

1. Opening a saved flight I have to reset aircraft state to get the checklist on again, Flight was saved clean.
2. In flight it keeps telling me to climb to cruise level even it is reached or even passed by 100feet or so.
3. Sometimes the next flight phase is then not activated and I never reach approach or final phase and have to fly manual. T/D disapears and speeds/elevations are not calcualted in FMC anymore.
4. soemtimes I hear several checklist items at the same time like it is running twice

I didnt change much in the way I fy so I dont know whats happening since I switched to V4. Any Ideas? Any of this known?

THANKS!

5 hours ago, Skydiver777 said:

Hey there, I am a big Fan of the checklists that make the cockpit feel more alive and I never had issues in P3D V3. However in V4 I am having trouble in almost every flight.

1. Opening a saved flight I have to reset aircraft state to get the checklist on again, Flight was saved clean.
2. In flight it keeps telling me to climb to cruise level even it is reached or even passed by 100feet or so.
3. Sometimes the next flight phase is then not activated and I never reach approach or final phase and have to fly manual. T/D disapears and speeds/elevations are not calcualted in FMC anymore.
4. soemtimes I hear several checklist items at the same time like it is running twice

I didnt change much in the way I fy so I dont know whats happening since I switched to V4. Any Ideas? Any of this known?

THANKS!

We are indeed aware of this, there should be a few posts around here about it.  The Checklist is a bit out of order with the sequence of events because of the changes we've made since release.... you can usually work around them, but it will be back in sync with one of the coming updates.

Please keep in mind that our CoPilot / Checklist feature is designed as a way to familiarize non-Airbus experienced sim pilots with how to operate the Airbus and after than to not use it.  In other words, it's not a full up CoPilot like some third party addons offer.

Thanks for writing in!

My very best wishes!

vor 8 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

Please keep in mind that our CoPilot / Checklist feature is designed as a way to familiarize non-Airbus experienced sim pilots with how to operate the Airbus and after than to not use it.  In other words, it's not a full up CoPilot like some third party addons offer.

I am a non-experienced Pilot, but the grade of personal experience should not excuse a Feature not working as it should 😉 This a great feature that made me choose AS over Fslabs, so be proud you have it, why would I stop using it. I like some company in the Cockpit. Hopefully it will be adressed carefuly in the next Updates, for me its definitly not a feature you should recommend "to not use".

It keeps telling me to climb to cruise level - that the most annoying one and I cannot work arround it nor can I reset or restart the checklist to the descent list. I believe the descent checklist kicked in in earlier versions as soon as I started to descent, even when the list before was not finished proper.

Thanks!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

sorry but I cannot confirm what Dave stated like

• The Checklist is a bit out of order with the sequence of events because of the changes we've made since release
  • The Checklist is to familiarize non-Airbus experienced sim pilots with how to operate the Airbus and after than to not use it. 

The CL is uptodate and synchronized with all other newly builtin features. So I hope you are always updating your system and also using "experimental" versions. What I do not understand are the issues you are describing p.e. that the plane never reaches CRZ level. Is the FL you entered on the MCDU INIT page the same than on the FCU? Also I cannot reproduce the issues that sometimes several CL are running in parallel and / or you hear the same item twice. It seems to me that there is something completely wrong on your system - at least in respect to the CL. May I propose that you try a complete new clean  installation of the Airbus with all its systems (after downloading the actual version from your account and updating)? I believe that this solves most of the mentioned issues. If there are then still some issues please provide us detailed information with screenshots or a short video.

Regards,

Rolf 

1 hour ago, Hanse said:

Hi,

sorry but I cannot confirm what Dave stated like

• The Checklist is a bit out of order with the sequence of events because of the changes we've made since release
  • The Checklist is to familiarize non-Airbus experienced sim pilots with how to operate the Airbus and after than to not use it. 

The CL is uptodate and synchronized with all other newly builtin features. So I hope you are always updating your system and also using "experimental" versions. What I do not understand are the issues you are describing p.e. that the plane never reaches CRZ level. Is the FL you entered on the MCDU INIT page the same than on the FCU? Also I cannot reproduce the issues that sometimes several CL are running in parallel and / or you hear the same item twice. It seems to me that there is something completely wrong on your system - at least in respect to the CL. May I propose that you try a complete new clean  installation of the Airbus with all its systems (after downloading the actual version from your account and updating)? I believe that this solves most of the mentioned issues. If there are then still some issues please provide us detailed information with screenshots or a short video.

Regards,

Rolf 

Sorry Hanse!  I didn't realize it had been updated my friend, I thought it was still being worked on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived