MCDU key board input switching views

Skydiver777

Hi all!

I have seen this Problem on the CRJ as well (https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/126458-keyboard-input/) and I have it with the Airbus also. When typing with beyboard input on some Keys/combinations are still changing things outside the MCDU. Was there a fix to it? I am not using any add ons like Chase Plane and have the P3D & Airbus default key mapping on.

For example SHIFT+7 when typing LOWI/LOWS. Sometimes even fast typing produces this like FLIGHTNR 456 on the Numpad. Number Combinations with  1,2 sometimes start the checklist. May be it acts that way when 2 keys are active the same time?

• 2 weeks later...

Sure do. shift+7 brings up the A318 engine display everytime but wont type / and typing "456" switches to the top cockpit view. Actualy pretty much the same stuff as in this thread:

Its not such a big deal however sometimes it can be tricky on final when views change...haha.

On 12/12/2018 at 2:19 PM, Skydiver777 said:

Sure do. shift+7 brings up the A318 engine display everytime but wont type / and typing "456" switches to the top cockpit view.

hi!
Thanks for report! I'm able to reproduce and working on it now.

But I wonder why are you using the Shift+7 when typing LOWI/LOWS? Can't you just press the slash ("/") key on your keyboard? (On the main part or on numeric keypad.)

Or is it a single option sharing the "7" key in some national keyboard?

On 15.12.2018 at 08:55, Choobe sagte:

hi!
Thanks for report! I'm able to reproduce and working on it now.

But I wonder why are you using the Shift+7 when typing LOWI/LOWS? Can't you just press the slash ("/") key on your keyboard? (On the main part or on numeric keypad.)

Or is it a single option sharing the "7" key in some national keyboard?

Perfect! I have no numpad on my notebook and / is shared with 7 on all QWERTZ keyboards as far as I know. However typing 456 fast even on numpad seems to be a Problem as in many cases the 5 is pressed while the 4 is not 100% released I guess.

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived