ARDUINO HARDWARE- CONFIGURATION

Has anyone out there been successful interfacing the CRJ 700/900 with Arduino?  I am wondering if anyone has a list of FSUIPC offsets that work with the CRJ and or Event ID's associated with the various panel buttons?

For example the 1/2 bank, does it have an event ID or FSUIPC Offset that works to activate the button?  I would be interested in any mapping that has been done.  I am currently mapping the auto-pilot to FSUPIC and Event ID's for Mobiflight Controller but I am stuck on a few buttons.  I am willing to share my config file if anyone is interested.

So far most buttons are working.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

• Developer

Hi,

there are no FSUIPC offsets in the CRJ. There are L-Variables for the controls though. The attached list was generated today. Unfortunately I still didn't have the time to create a full SDK, but I attached what I got:

L-Vars: LVarList.txt

SDK Doc: ASCRJ_SDK.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Hans Hartmann, Thank you again for the list of Lvars.  I am making great progress mapping the aircraft to hardware.  I do have a couple of questions.

1.  Do you see an error with the ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_LED.  I noticed the LED does not light in the sim nor does it light up my hardware LED.  If you check load the CRJ700 and click on the ALT you will not see the LED turn on.

2. Do you have any L-vars that are associated with the LED's of the warning lights on the glare shield?

Thanks again,

Here is a quick video showing how the LED is not working.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7HhWGybtC8

Also, would you mind sharing any thoughts regarding accessing an Lvar for the warning lights? 

Thanks so much!

• Developer

The ALT LED not lighting when ALT is pressed is a bug that's on the list of fixes for the next update. I worked on that a few weeks ago.

As long as you only read the warning light Lvars and don't try to set them, you're good.

But I cannot locate the L-vars for the warning lights in the file you sent me.  Do you have an example of the Lvar for the Caution Light?  I guess what I am saying is that I do not see any with the ext. _LED at the end.  Are you suggesting I just read the current VAR for WARN? or is there a specific var for the LED similar to how you setup the auto-pilot.

• Developer

ASCRJ_FCP_AP_ENG_LED
ASCRJ_FCP_XFR_LED
ASCRJ_FCP_TURB_LED

ASCRJ_FCP_SPEED_LED
ASCRJ_FCP_APPR_LED
ASCRJ_FCP_BC_LED
ASCRJ_FCP_HDG_LED
ASCRJ_FCP_NAV_LED

ASCRJ_FCP_12BANK_LED
ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_LED
ASCRJ_FCP_VS_LED

I honestly have no idea why they're not in the list.

• Developer

It seems that the declaration lines for the LEDs are missing from modeldef.xml. That doesn't have any consequence on building the model but apparently it's enough to not make them show up in the Lvar list. To fix that we would have to re-export the model files. The bad news: they're currently being worked on and they're in no state for an export. So it's going to take a while until this can be fixed.

Example:  <Animation name="Ambient" guid="A6F1C5D0-BEF6-449e-BAF8-FB777F27808F" type="Standard" typeParam="AutoPlay,Random" />

would this be true for any other LEDs in the aircraft that are not on the var list? 

I am wondering if you might recommend any type of work around?  I was hoping I could create a LUA script that ran on startup and assigned the value to an FCUIPC offset then use that offset with mobiflight to fire off the led when it read the offset value of 1.   I am able to do this without issue when I use your _LED vars but can't seem to get it to work with general vars that are not specific to the LED.   If there is any work around, please share. 

Han's I love the work you guys have done on this CRJ.   I can't wait to light it up in a full cockpit simulator and so far you suggestions are spot on and I am very close if we can figure out these led's.

Thanks

Aaron

• Developer
vor 17 Minuten, myflightdeck sagte:

would this be true for any other LEDs in the aircraft that are not on the var list? 

No, I just forgot those for the FCP. All others should be defined.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2018 at 9:57 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

No, I just forgot those for the FCP. All others should be defined.

Hi Hans,
Would you be willing to add the LED's to the Lvars if I shot you over $50-$100.  I understand it take time to add these and I don't expect you to do it for free.  I need the LED lvars for the warning lights and the APU/Engine 1 & 2.  and any other LED's that might need to be added.  If you can do this, please shoot me a private message and we can arrange a payment.  This is very important to me as I am mapping out a full cockpit sim.  It is worth the investment to me to assist with adding the Lvars that use LED's. 

Please login to display this image.

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2018 at 9:38 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

I already added them but you need to wait for the next model export. Stefan, our modeller, is currently on vacation until mid-January.

I am wondering if you can provide me the latest LVARS (from the most recent updated model export) with the warning lights, APU etc.  that you added to.  Also when will the updated model be ready?  Looking forward to your response.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Hans,

Can you post the latest LVAR file?  It has been awhile since I have worked on the sim and I am back on it.   Also, will the CRJ port over to the new Microsoft Flight Simulator?  Do you have plans for this?  Thanks buddy!  Aaron

Thanks for the reply Hans.  Where can I find the LVAR file?  Is it posted online or in the actual download?  The last one you posted was missing the warning lights APU etc.  You mentioned you added them but I would have to wait for the next model export.  If you can direct me to the actual location of the LVAR file it would be a big help.  Thanks for all you do.  I could have never built this sim without your handy work!

I know this is off topic but do you Hans or anyone you know have the panel drawings for a CNC router/laser cutter? I do not have backlit panels and I am thinking of creating some but would love to get ahold of some pre-built plans.  Thanks.

Archived