Release: German Airfields 9 - Northern Bavaria

• Aerosoft

Hot on the heels of German Airfields 1 "Island Hopping" we are sending out German Airfields 9 "Northern Bavaria" to our customers. This section covers 12 smaller VFR airfields and 2 regional airports in Northern Bavaria. The small airfields all have a lot of small details and feature full seasonal textures (check out the snow in winter!). Many of these airports are located on hilltops and landing on these is always a bit special as you miss a lot of the surrounding to judge your altitude from. Even finding the airports is not totally easy as it used to be as they are very well blended in with the surrounding. All in all, the kind of scenery that let's you fly around for a long time in a VFR aircraft, exploring all the airports.

If you like small aircraft and small airports you should check out these images and the product page: http://www.aerosoft-shop2.com/products/ger...airfields9.html

germanairfields9_10.jpg

germanairfields9_18.jpg

germanairfields9_3.jpg

germanairfields9_20.jpg

germanairfields9_4.jpg

Cool !

I was looking forward to EDMS Straubing- Wallmühle.

Unfortunately I cannot find a single screenshot of that airfield.

Can you provide one or two?

Cheers,

Emacs

• Aerosoft
Cool !

I was looking forward to EDMS Straubing- Wallmühle.

Unfortunately I cannot find a single screenshot of that airfield.

Can you provide one or two?

Cheers,

Emacs

How about two? You got to be logged on to see them, I am not in the office so I got to attach them.

Hi Mathijs,

just bought GermanAirfields9 and I have some problems. I have just spent very few minutes at Straubing Airport but I do see two things:

1.) Some objects (e.g. taxi lights besides the runway, some trees) have a non-textured block around them.

2.) As soon as I lift-off FS-X reports that my plane has crashed.

Some info about 1.):

I use FS-X plus Acceleration and I prefer DX10 preview mode and have bloom enabled.

I am an owner of GermanAirfields1 and I don't see anything similar there.

Some info about 2.):

I tried take-offs with the SIA Marchetti first and later with the default Maule Orion. With each plane I made several attempst, all resulting in a crash detection (the plane, not FS-X) at the very moment my wheels should have lifted from the runway.

Again that is something I have ever experienced anywhere else.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Emacs

Hallo Emacs

German Airfields 9 is still not for FSX SP2. ACC has already SP2 included, but we need to wait for the final SP2 Release end of this month.

We hope we can provide you with an update as soon as possible. But I think it will not be possible to let the Airfields run in DirectX 10, but this will be tested as well.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but we inform you about the system reqirements on the product page.

Hi Christoph!

Your Airfields look really good. If they´ll be FSX SP2 ready, I´ll buy them! Concerning your mentioned system requirements I can´t find any hint, that it won´t run with SP2 or Acceleration pack:

Systemanforderungen:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X mit Service Pack 1

Windows XP (SP2), Vista

Pentium 2 GHz (empfohlen: DuoCore)

1024 MB RAM

Grafikkarte mit 256 MB RAM

Soundkarte

Download-Größe: 192 MB

Installations-Größe: 520 MB

Normaly the system requriements are seen as minimum and featuring VISTA I really thougt they´re for SP2 too. Maybe you could change it or fill in one part that it isn´t running on SP2 with DX10.

Generally I think FS Addon Publisher and producers could avoid many angry customers by writing the system specs more clearly: Does it work for FSX SP2 or not. Also a hint if the DX10 preview is supprted or not would be fine.

But over all a very nice product and as Austrian I´m really looking forward to the southern Bavarian packages too!

• Aerosoft
Hi Christoph!

Your Airfields look really good. If they´ll be FSX SP2 ready, I´ll buy them! Concerning your mentioned system requirements I can´t find any hint, that it won´t run with SP2 or Acceleration pack:

Systemanforderungen:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X mit Service Pack 1

Windows XP (SP2), Vista

Pentium 2 GHz (empfohlen: DuoCore)

1024 MB RAM

Grafikkarte mit 256 MB RAM

Soundkarte

Download-Größe: 192 MB

Installations-Größe: 520 MB

Normaly the system requriements are seen as minimum and featuring VISTA I really thougt they´re for SP2 too. Maybe you could change it or fill in one part that it isn´t running on SP2 with DX10.

Generally I think FS Addon Publisher and producers could avoid many angry customers by writing the system specs more clearly: Does it work for FSX SP2 or not. Also a hint if the DX10 preview is supprted or not would be fine.

But over all a very nice product and as Austrian I´m really looking forward to the southern Bavarian packages too!

From the fact something is NOT mentioned you cannot draw the conclusion it IS compatible. I think that our product page is correct in this aspect.

From the fact something is NOT mentioned you cannot draw the conclusion it IS compatible. I think that our product page is correct in this aspect.

That´s right! My post was meant as input how publisher / producer could improve their customer support in these times of very confused situations (FSX with SP1 vs. FSX with SP2, DX9 vs. DX10) and avoid angry customers. That´s all.

Reading your statement brings me to following conclusion: I´ll buy Aerosoft products only if my system fits exactly the mentioned system requriments. Otherwise I can´t be sure that they work correct.

Sorry for this, I wrote something in the German forum before we relased the package. I forgat to do this on the english pages.

I will promise that you get the German Airfields running in Final SP2 as soon as possible!

• Aerosoft

That´s right! My post was meant as input how publisher / producer could improve their customer support in these times of very confused situations (FSX with SP1 vs. FSX with SP2, DX9 vs. DX10) and avoid angry customers. That´s all.

Reading your statement brings me to following conclusion: I´ll buy Aerosoft products only if my system fits exactly the mentioned system requriments. Otherwise I can´t be sure that they work correct.

At this moment we can only recommend FSX with SP1.

The new SP2 (or preview of SP2 as some say) has some great potential, but for now we have only seen more and more problems that are not covered by the SDK we got. I think SP2 is not out yet, why would MS put a free update on a paid add-on and not deliver it to everybody?

I really love the DX10 stuff, for me it looks better and is faster, but I have not heard of any bug related to the DX version. So I do not think that is an issue at this moment. Also keep in mind that content that is made with FSX in mind from the start hardly has any problems.