Yeeehaw, - I'M RICH!!!!! FINALLY!

Robert S

I'm just so excited, I received this in my email inbox...I never used to think I could win anything, and then my luck changed!

THE UK NATIONAL E-LOTTERY

REFRENCE NUMBER:UK/940X2/68

WE ARE HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE TO YOU THAT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HAS WON YOU THE SUM OF

£750,000.00 GREAT BRITISH POUNDS ON OUR LAST CONCLUDED DRAW HELD ON THE 7TH OF

NOVEMBER 2007,CREDITED TO FILE KTU/9023118308/03.THE DRAW WAS DONE

ELECTRONICALLY WITH SEVERAL EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED TO THIS OFFICE BY MICROSOFT

TO ENHANCE THE UTILIZATION OF THE INTERNET.THIS WAS FROM A SUM 7,500,000.00

SHARED AOUNG TEN LUCKY WINNERS IN THE CATEGORY (B) DRAW.TO FILE FOR YOUR CLAIMS

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO CONTACT THE CLAIMS DEPARTMENT VIA YOUR ASSIGNED CLAIMS AGENT

WITH YOUR REFRENCE NUMBER AND THE LISTED INFORMATIONS.

(1)FULL NAME (2)FULL ADDRESS (3)COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE (4)AGE/SEX (5)OCCUPATION

(6)TELEPHONE NUMBER (7)MARITAL STATUS (8)EMAIL ADDRESS/PASSWORD PREFRENCE.

CLAIMS REMITTANCE DEPARTMENT

CONTACT PERSON:JAWAD JAMES

EMAIL:jawadjames2007@hotmail.com

TEL:+44 (7)-045-725-402

RAGARDS

PROF ITAMAR RAZ

Just as soon as I email him all of my personal information, credit card numbers, bank accounts and passwords- THE MONEY WILL BE MINE!!! Of course, my wife thinks I'm crazy but who will have the last laugh when I'm driving my new Bentley!

And, just so you all know that I'm a caring, sharing type of guy - as soon as the check clears I'll buy every registered member here an Aerosoft product of their choice!

"RAGARDS",

Ripmaster

:lol: (Sad part is, people actually fall for this sh*t)

You think if I give him all my information too he will cut me in on some funds???

You know what...I'm not even gonna wait for an answer. I'm off to send him all my info RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

if I had to believe anything like that stuff, that I get in my mailbox, I could buy the whole world. Looks fraud to me. If I get a message, asking for any personal information, I deleted it right away.

You are, offcourse free to take the offer....

Grtz,

Viper_31

• 2 weeks later...

It is what they call phishing. I guess it is like fishing. They send millions of these emails out and get a few poor suckers looking for free money.

For a while I was getting two or three of these every day. I kept forwarding them to Google's Phishing link and eventually and magically, they all stopped.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually it's a common 419 "advance fee" scam. The point isn't to get hold of your financial info. Note that all they ask for is, "(1)FULL NAME (2)FULL ADDRESS (3)COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE (4)AGE/SEX (5)OCCUPATION

(6)TELEPHONE NUMBER (7)MARITAL STATUS (8)EMAIL ADDRESS/PASSWORD PREFRENCE". No mention there of bank account info. In fact you don't even have to send them all of that. I've answered the question, "(4)AGE/SEX:" with, "35/Yes" and they don't even catch it. Usually the person screening replies is a young scam artist in the making "Mugu". Once they think you will send money they will pass it up the line to an, "Oga" or senior scam artist. Of course if they got bank account info they'd rob you blind but the purpose is to convince you that you have the money coming. They will even offer to send a bank draft or let you open a bank account with $1 for them to transfer the money into. At the last minute they will encounter some fees that they will claim they cannot cover and can't be taken from the money being transfered. It'll start out with fees for a "barrister" even though no attorney has called themselves a barrister in a hundred years. Next may come taxes, certificate proving the money isn't from illegal drugs and a host of other fees, bribes and taxes for as long as you are willing to pay or as long as you have money to pay.

You will be instructed to make the payments by Western Union or MoneyGram which are anonymous and the money can be picked up from anywhere in the world. The number they gaveyou is a cellphone number in Kazakhstan Russia. Interesting, most of the 419 scams come out of Nigeria. Looks like you have a Vlad (scammer from Russia). Lot of the Nigeria scams are small time operations either a small group or a loner trying for a big score. Being from Russia it's more likely a large organized crime ring doing email scams. Getting more and more of those lately.

More info:

http://www.419eater.com/index.htm

http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/index....755d8cf14d3fc4d

http://www.419legal.org/

PS: Check out some of the letters in the Archives on 419 Eater. They are hilarious.

I hope you don't mind but I just sent your scammer an answer from a secure email host. I wonder what he'll say to a very skeptical winner. :)

Is this for real

Couldn't help being skeptical about this. Is this some kind of promotion or something where I send you all my information and you start sending a bunch of advertising? I already had to stop one magazine I didn't order. I just can't believe I just won a lot of money out of the blue.

Fuller #####e

• 2 months later...

Just `nettin` online I found a Nigerian phone book. So I replied one day to one of these scammers along the lines of: "Hi, great to hear from you! Brilliant news! I'm currently working in Nigeria and would love to meet up with you to sort this out - I could even pay you in cash!. Could you meet me at xxxx on Friday?"

XXX was, of course, the address for a Nigerian police station... never had another from Africa after that. ;)