Sign in to follow this  
CRJDriver200

Flight Deck Background Sound

Recommended Posts

Every time I turn the battery master on there's an annoying motoring sound, it's not the GPU, I've searched all the Aerosoft folders to try and find the sound file itself. It always plays whenever the airplane is powered on. I have the latest version.... any ideas?

 

Attached a video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are the avionics cooling fans. Sorry, you have to live with them or the displays will overheat ;-)

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you be more specific please? I'm trying to track them down to remove them. I fly this airplane for a living and the avionics fans do not sound like a lawn mower.

 

The Avio file sound doesn't even sound like what's in my videos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't hear anything on your videos that sounds even remotely like a lawnmover, sorry. The avionics fan sounds are actual recordings from the flightdeck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hans Hartmann said:

I don't hear anything on your videos that sounds even remotely like a lawnmover, sorry. The avionics fan sounds are actual recordings from the flightdeck.

 

Can you tell me what files it's using for that? The AvioFan in the \Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\aerosoft\Digital Aviation CRJ\Sounds folder sounds nothing like what's in my video, that's a nice low fan hum sound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to the P3D SOUNDS folder and click on fuel_pump.wav and see if that is what you are referring to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vjcarlo said:

Go to the P3D SOUNDS folder and click on fuel_pump.wav and see if that is what you are referring to. 

 

That's it, how do I un-aliase that with the CRJ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vjcarlo said:

why not turn off the fuel boost

pumps ??

 

 

They make the sound play on or off and secondly in the CRJ you have them on all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Renaming fuel_pump to something else did get rid of it, but why would that be playing constantly in the CRJ?

 

You cannot hear boost pumps from the flight deck, they would always be on anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why it plays this sound. The CRJ doesn't even use the default fuel pumps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2018 at 11:52 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

Those are the avionics cooling fans. Sorry, you have to live with them or the displays will overheat ;-)

 

Is there a fix for this? I also appreciate the condescension when I tried to ask for help, as if I didn't know any better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely do not hear this sound on my P3D 4.3 installation. Does it appear to be linked to the boost pumps (which should be silent), or perhaps the hydraulic pumps? On my CRJ, the 3A pump does (correctly) produce a whine when energized, but not the sound heard in your video.

 

The only thing that sounds remotely close on my installation is the rather overdone sound of the gasoline engine in the GPU power cart, which I have dialed way back with the external sounds slider in the CRJ Manager program.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

I definitely do not hear this sound on my P3D 4.3 installation. Does it appear to be linked to the boost pumps (which should be silent), or perhaps the hydraulic pumps? On my CRJ, the 3A pump does (correctly) produce a whine when energized, but not the sound heard in your video.

 

The only thing that sounds remotely close on my installation is the rather overdone sound of the gasoline engine in the GPU power cart, which I have dialed way back with the external sounds slider in the CRJ Manager program.

 

 

 

It was solved, but only after an official support staff member ridiculed me and wouldn't accept that something was wrong. Another user pointed out it was a P3D default fuel pump sound, which somehow was connected to the BAT MASTER but regardless it was fixed by a random helpful user.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 21 Stunden , CRJDriver200 sagte:

after an official support staff member ridiculed me and wouldn't accept that something was wrong

I'm an official support staff member? That's news to me. I'm no Aerosoft employee but the systems developer of this product and I clearly told you that the only sounds that are played by the CRJ are the avionics fans sounds (which is still a fact) - along with a little joke. If you call that ridiculing then you should may be think about not interpreting written text in the most negative way possible...

I can only hear that lawnmower sound you describe by turning up the volume to nearly 100% when I play your videos and not in my P3D at all. Also, you should properly read what JRBarrett wrote. He confirmed that he doesn't hear the sound on his system (just like me). It's only in your videos. If it's the default fuel pump, the reason might be the previously loaded aircraft which turns them on and P3D keeps them on when loading the next aircraft. If this is the case, I could actually do something, by switching the fuel pumps off on loading the CRJ (even though I don't use them at all) to work around the actual problem.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I'm an official support staff member? That's news to me. I'm no Aerosoft employee but the systems developer of this product and I clearly told you that the only sounds that are played by the CRJ are the avionics fans sounds (which is still a fact) - along with a little joke. If you call that ridiculing then you should may be think about not interpreting written text in the most negative way possible...

I can only hear that lawnmower sound you describe by turning up the volume to nearly 100% when I play your videos and not in my P3D at all. Also, you should properly read what JRBarrett wrote. He confirmed that he doesn't hear the sound on his system (just like me). It's only in your videos. If it's the default fuel pump, the reason might be the previously loaded aircraft which turns them on and P3D keeps them on when loading the next aircraft. If this is the case, I could actually do something, by switching the fuel pumps off on loading the CRJ (even though I don't use them at all) to work around the actual problem.

 

An answer like that would have been infinitely more useful than "Sorry, you have to live with them or the displays will overheat ;-)"

 

I tried to ask for help, submitted videos showcasing the problem quite clearly and was told, no you don't know what you're talking about.  The fact I was getting it on my end and simply asking for help, or if it was normal, and just met with  "live with it" isn't support at all. Obviously something is wrong with the way it's functioning and I'm glad a non-support staff member took the time to listen to what was happening and offer a solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 17 Minuten, CRJDriver200 sagte:

I'm glad a non-support staff member took the time to listen to what was happening and offer a solution.

Deleting/muting parts of the main simulator is no acceptable solution!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could now confirm that it's indeed the fuel pump setting of the loaded scenario that causes the sound. After forcing the fuel pumps off on loading, it's now gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I could now confirm that it's indeed the fuel pump setting of the loaded scenario that causes the sound. After forcing the fuel pumps off on loading, it's now gone.

 

Thank you for looking into it more, it would have been nice the first time around than "live with it"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always fully load a default P3D aircraft (with engines running) before loading any complex add-on, as it generally seems to result in more sim stability. One problem with doing that though is that sounds from the default aircraft can carry over to the newly loaded plane.

 

I’ve not had the fuel pump sound carry over, but I have definitely seen audio panel settings transfer. If the VOR or DME ident is selected “on” in the default aircraft, it’s possible that the ident Morse code will be heard after the complex add-on loads, and it may not be possible to shut the ident off, even if the ident switch is turned “off” in the add-on’s audio panel.

 

For that reason, I think it is best to choose the “simplest” default add-on for the initial load. In the case of P3D, the Piper Cub, and for FSX, the Trike. Neither aircraft uses a fuel pump, and both have very minimal avionics - just a single NAV/COM radio. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this