Recently we have seen a lot of codes used to unlock our products being offered for discounted prices. Almost all of them are bought using stolen credit cards. These codes will all be blocked by our systems and you will have to try to get your money back from the seller, we are unable to assist in these matters. Do be very careful when you see a deal that is almost too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

Jump to content
DenisC

High climb rate and stall

Recommended Posts

No, but I doubt it would do any good if the customer starts the sim, stops the sim and then updates. every since FS2004 we have seen problems that files were locked by the OS even after the sim is closed (ever noticed you can't close and restart the sim without a short pause?)

Share this post


Link to post

So you are saying Mathijs depending on how the sim is updated, and there are different approved updates, e.g, just the client, or client + Cont or Client + cont + scenery, or maybe the best solution, from a code point of view, totally removed and re-installed,  P3D may behave differently with some add ons.

 

Do Aerosoft carry out an update of the various P3D modules as above or fully remove and re-install of P3D when a new version is brought out?

 

I guess the ideal is a full remove and re-install when each update is released, and then both developers and users have the same base code. When users and developers carry out updates or reinstall, this may cause the sim code to be slightly different, which "may" cause issues with some addons.

Share this post


Link to post

I followed LM's instructions.  "minor" update is a confusing term considering the tone of inquiry here.  I took this text from LM to heart:

" Updating Prepar3D v4
When minor updates are released for Prepar3D v4, there are two options available to update Prepar3D v4. The recommended method is simply updating using the Client installer. This is the quickest and least error prone. When you uninstall the Client, you will be prompted about whether or not you wish to deactivate Prepar3D. You can choose “No” if you are simply updating the same machine and, therefore, will not have to reactivate once the reinstall is finished.
Copyright © 2017 Lockheed Martin Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned
herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
You can also update by doing a complete uninstall and reinstall of the entire application, but often that is not necessary or desired."

 

To me, a change from V4 to V5 is major.  a change from v4.2 to v4.3 is minor.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I'd love to know whether this counts as a "clean install" (as recommended by Aerosoft):

 

1) I removed all three components (Client, Content and Scenery) via the Windows Control Panel.

2) I then installed the three (latest) separate components from LM.

3) Cleared the shaders *cache*.

 

I did *not* remove/reinstall the main P3D application.

 

Are there any other files/folders that need to be deleted? Please advise!

 

Adam.

Share this post


Link to post

We seriously suggest all parts to be removed and temporary folders to be cleared. We just have seen too many times now that updating can cause problems. In the issue with the St Elmos' effect we have over 70 people who had the issue and had it cleared by making sure the sim was okay.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I'd love to know whether this counts as a "clean install" (as recommended by Aerosoft):

 

1) I removed all three components (Client, Content and Scenery) via the Windows Control Panel.

2) I then installed the three (latest) separate components from LM.

3) Cleared the shaders *cache*.

 

I did *not* remove/reinstall the main P3D application.

 

Are there any other files/folders that need to be deleted? Please advise!

 

Adam.

Hi Adam,

Did you see the link I provided from LM about updating P3D? Looking at their section 3...

3) Actions to take after you update the Client (Optional) 

These actions are recommended But not required 

Delete the Prepar3D.cfg file and the Shaders folder after you update with the Client

Note: This file and folder will generated again when you launch Prepar3D

These actions will not effect your 3rd Party Software (Add On's), You will need to readjust your graphic and scenery settings to your preference again via Prepar3D > Options after you delete the Prepar3D.cfg file 


Right click and delete the Prepar3D.cfg file and the Shaders folder, These will generate again when you launch Prepar3D 

-----------
Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 - Prepar3D.cfg 

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 - Shaders 
-----------

To locate this file and folder, Insure the box is Ticked for  Show hidden files, folders and drives in File Explorer Options

 

Looks like you just need to remove the Prepar3D.dfg file, and let it regenerate. Interesting that LM say "recommended, But not required....

 

Until the managed climb/descent can be resolved, I have resorted to using the "other" bigger bus, and hope the to be released A320/A321 behaves a little better. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We seriously suggest all parts to be removed and temporary folders to be cleared. We just have seen too many times now that updating can cause problems. In the issue with the St Elmos' effect we have over 70 people who had the issue and had it cleared by making sure the sim was okay.

 

Thanks, Mathijs. Just to be double, triple sure - that means uninstalling the *main* P3D application as well (the one I did *not* do?

 

17 minutes ago, por928 said:

Did you see the link I provided from LM about updating P3D? Looking at their section 3...

3) Actions to take after you update the Client (Optional)

[... CUT ...]

Looks like you just need to remove the Prepar3D.dfg file, and let it regenerate. Interesting that LM say "recommended, But not required....

 

Thanks! Sorry - yes  - I should have mentioned that. I always do that as a matter of course anyway (old habits die hard)!

 

Adam.

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, all parts of the sim. Then also delete the product folder because we have seen often that not all files are removed. Then reboot before installing again so you can be sure that there are no bits locked in memory.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, all parts of the sim. Then also delete the product folder because we have seen often that not all files are removed. Then reboot before installing again so you can be sure that there are no bits locked in memory.

OK ... understood ... many thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

Because there were a few overlapping topics and I wanted to keep this as clear as possible I started a new topic, please read and follow up there:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...