First observations...

Querer

Ok, first flight from LSZH to EDDF, using Aerosofts sceneries and some ORBX stuff and GSX and other addons. What I observed:

1. Somehow this BUS does not get along with Aivlasofts SimpleCam yet. Zoom levels and the speed of looking around using the coolie hat is just... off. I tried disabling the SimpleCam in flight and it did not help.

2. Somehow selecting "no pushback" in GSX does not result in a proper readback to the BUS checklist, it simply remains with the green text "follow GSX instructions". Also resetting the position via GSX menue does not help. Only manually starting the engines leads to skip of the checklist.

Besides that, I managed to fly out of Zurich easily. Works basically as the old BUS, now I can start learning the new stuff. One thing I observed: although I had waypoints in my company route, it somehow got not transferred to the FMC. But I might have done something wrong...

Very good first impression. Now I am waiting for the simmarket update of the CRJ and then I am a happy short hauler in Europe again. Thanks for this piece of work, great job.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 17 Stunden , Querer sagte:

2. Somehow selecting "no pushback" in GSX does not result in a proper readback to the BUS checklist, it simply remains with the green text "follow GSX instructions". Also resetting the position via GSX menue does not help. Only manually starting the engines leads to skip of the checklist.

It is not necessary to mark those as bugs (observations are something else), but you should place them into the right section e. g. SteybyStep Guide / Checklist! I am the responsible DEV and in that section I would have already looked into it. 

"Follow GSX Instructions" means that in the MCDU3 you have selected the GSX-PB Option. There are no connections between the two programs and both are working completely independant. That means using the CL you just have to do what GSX tells you or not tells you. In this case just do what you would have done during a normal PB  e. g. start the engines 2 and 1. Then you will see a message on the INFOBAR "WAIT" and after that that the procedure will commence with the AFTER ENGINE START CL....... 

If you have still problems or questions please place a thread using the right section.

Regards,

Rolf

• Aerosoft

We have no experience with simplecam and we do not promise compatibility with it.

Also please give us more than 12 hours to respond before trying to provoke us into a reply. Certainly as most of those hours were at night. If you would have posted in the correct section the chance of a speedy answer would have been a lot better. 

Update: the SimpleCam "issue" can be easily solved by either not starting up SimpleCam with the sim (more cumbersome) or by simply deactivating the view system via MCDU (very easy). The second "issue" was already perfectly explained by Rolf, thanks for this. Just as a side note: the taxi wind sound bug I also observe. Is already addressed elsewhere.

Observations of my second, this time full flight: this product is great. The only thing that is a little bit "sad": the book I bought about the "old" AS Bus is now in bigger parts obsolete. The changes in the FMC are simply to big. I am not yet used to the new logic of entering waypoints and airways, I am not yet used to the novel pages and how to access them. Glad there is a extensive manual available for this.

Archived