FSX rotor Animation for seahawks

flewpastu

I dont know if this has been asked before,but rotor animation in fs9 was pretty good,rotor animation in FSX is terrible,is there any way to make the rotors look more realistic .

Bill

P.S. I love the seahawk helo's you guys have made,great work.

if you look at fs9 rotor animations (they look more real,moving faster),FSX helo's rotor's look like they are moving slower (there is no blurr), Thats the only way I can explain it,its just not the seahawk,but other 3rd party helo's,someone had posted in another forum that is was a FSX glitch. I have tried to put different #'s in the line for prop anim ratio,and it seems better but I cant figure out if its a FSX thing or a model thing.I hope this explanation helps.

Bill

I've noticed this phenomena with both helo props and aircraft props - and that's that the FS2004 animation (spinning) is smoother across the powerband than it is in FSX.

FSX appears to only have the best/smoothest animation at full power.

I wonder whether this is simply a function of the lower average frame rates in FSX..? EVERYTHING gets much more fluid and flowing when FSX detail is turned down, so that fps can be turned UP. Or perhaps it's a by-product of using an Unlimited frame lock - the lowest system resources being allocated to the rotor as `propeller blur` is a much less significant issue in aircraft - and a non-event in jets!

Or perhaps it's a by-product of using an Unlimited frame lock - the lowest system resources being allocated to the rotor as `propeller blur` is a much less significant issue in aircraft - and a non-event in jets!

Not the case with me.

I run my system with detail levels at "normal" and FPS locked at 22.

• Aerosoft

Okay, here is the low down on that one.

The issue is caused by the complexity of the rotating part. Keep in mind that the rotor head is complex AND animated, unlike any of the rotor heads of the FSX helicopters. This simply means that even the prop_anim_ratio variable in the aircraft.cfg has little influence on it.

We think the easiest way to solve this issue is to do it the 'old fashioned' way and make a new animation that is shown at 100% rotor rpm (keep in mind the rotor basically always rotates at 100% rpm). This will be a blurred disk, just like it is done on the default Bell in FSX. This will have the additional advantage of that will be that the load on FPS will be lower as well.

Hello Mathjis

Not to rush anything, but can You please give an update of the patch status for the non landable ships. Will there be an interim patch solving this particular problem within the next few days, or are You holding on a bit to fix some of the other issues.

If it takes more time than anticipated, then no problem, just asking for an update!

wothan

• Aerosoft
Hello Mathjis

Not to rush anything, but can You please give an update of the patch status for the non landable ships. Will there be an interim patch solving this particular problem within the next few days, or are You holding on a bit to fix some of the other issues.

If it takes more time than anticipated, then no problem, just asking for an update!

wothan

We solved the crash above the Xcraft. Do NOT ask me what caused it (we don't know, there is nothing there and we just removed the crash code of the whole object (additional value, 4 fps more on my system)).

The hardening of the decks is complex, there are a few ways to do it and all of them have serious issues. FS2004 was a lot more flexible here. I need another 24 hours to know how to move on this.

We also found an issue that makes the chopper jump on the ground. This is a weird one, as I can recreate it on all of my Vista test systems and on none of the XP systems. Anybody can confirm this?

To test:

- load the hover training hard flight, unpause

- let all engine gauges climb to green

- to go to spot view

- to go to tower view

- on vista I see the aircraft jump after 2 seconds, on XP I 'think' I see a movement, but not sure. Please let me know any results.

XP pro sp2 here,

i did notice something odd, i loaded the chopper and was in spot view to start, sat there for a min and no hopping soon as i went into the VC it started hopping about every 6 to 10 seconds,

i have noticed with other aircraft that certain views agitate this problem, very starge :roll:

We think the easiest way to solve this issue is to do it the 'old fashioned' way and make a new animation that is shown at 100% rotor rpm (keep in mind the rotor basically always rotates at 100% rpm). This will be a blurred disk, just like it is done on the default Bell in FSX. This will have the additional advantage of that will be that the load on FPS will be lower as well.

Can anyone help me out on how to accomplish this?