CTD after FMC issues

Hi (again),

After a day of keeping the CRJ in the hangar, I decided to take her out for a spin again. Unfortunately I had a CTD whilst setting up the FMC. I was planning on flying EHGG to EDDM (route: SONEB Z841 GMH UL603 ANAKU), but it all started to go wrong already during the route setup. When inputting UL603 with ANAKU as endpoint, I got the error message that the waypoint ANAKU was not available. However it is a waypoint on the UL603 and L603 (I also tried inputting the L603, same result). So I tried to erase the entire route and start again. Whilst deleting the route, a nameless waypoint suddenly popped up at a distance of over 2000nm away. I also tried to delete this waypoint but right after I clicked the LSK, the sim froze and crashed. Unfortunately I was unable to make a screenshot due to the suddenness of the crash...

Hope this helps though.

Vince

Sim: FSX:SE

3 hours ago, Vinceki said:

Hi (again),

After a day of keeping the CRJ in the hangar, I decided to take her out for a spin again. Unfortunately I had a CTD whilst setting up the FMC. I was planning on flying EHGG to EDDM (route: SONEB Z841 GMH UL603 ANAKU), but it all started to go wrong already during the route setup. When inputting UL603 with ANAKU as endpoint, I got the error message that the waypoint ANAKU was not available. However it is a waypoint on the UL603 and L603 (I also tried inputting the L603, same result). So I tried to erase the entire route and start again. Whilst deleting the route, a nameless waypoint suddenly popped up at a distance of over 2000nm away. I also tried to delete this waypoint but right after I clicked the LSK, the sim froze and crashed. Unfortunately I was unable to make a screenshot due to the suddenness of the crash...

Hope this helps though.

Vince

Sim: FSX:SE

I think you may have made a typo entering the route in the FMS. The waypoint on UL603 northwest of EDDM  is “AKANU”, not “ANAKU”. It’s an easy mistake to make.

Not sure though about the FMS crash that happened afterward. The best way to clear a route is to simply go to the main Flight Plan page in the FMS and delete your departure airport then press EXEC. That will clear everything so you can start over.

2 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

I think you may have made a typo entering the route in the FMS. The waypoint on UL603 northwest of EDDM  is “AKANU”, not “ANAKU”. It’s an easy mistake to make.

Not sure though about the FMS crash that happened afterward. The best way to clear a route is to simply go to the main Flight Plan page in the FMS and delete your departure airport then press EXEC. That will clear everything so you can start over. 

Hi,

The route I filled in was definitely correct, I made a typo here in my post.... Thnx for the tip btw, but still it's an issue that might need attention as, at least, I have encountered this problem before whilst editing my flight plan.

Vince

• Developer

To properly erase the route, just re-enter the origin airport on the flightplan page. Everything will get cleared that way.

What navigation database do you use? I need to know so I can check for the ANAKU waypoint.

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

To properly erase the route, just re-enter the origin airport on the flightplan page. Everything will get cleared that way.

What navigation database do you use? I need to know so I can check for the ANAKU waypoint.

Hi Hans,

The waypoint is AKANU and I was using Navigraph Airac 1806 rev1. The database is not the big problem for me though, I find it more important that a "ghost-waypoint" in the FMC caused the CTD as the database is easily updatable. Though if you want to check that would be great.

Vince

• Developer

Well, it's probably not as easy as it sounds. First I need to manage to get that ghost waypoint at all. I haven't seen one yet. I will try though.

Archived