Livery download & install

Hi

I've just bought the A320/A321 and have checked that is in the FlightSim, and looks good. However, before I start training I have downloaded the British Airways livery (see below). I followed the instructions and tried to use the livery manager, but the livery does not appear alongside the other (out-of-the-box) Aerosoft A320s that ARE in there. So it's clear the main aircraft install worked, but not the downloaded livery.

Looking in the file system in can see a number of aircraft.cfg files, and there's two SimObjects folders under the FSX folder:

FSX\DLC\500201\SimObects\Airplanes\   (I can see that this folder contains 5 subfolders, one for each aircraft that was in the pack I downloaded)

FSX\SimObects\Airplanes\ (this seems to contain only the default aircraft, plus the PMDG 737 - the only Airbus it contains is the default FSX)

I am baffeled. The instructions told me to use the livery manager, and I did, but there are no aircraft listed in there. When I tried using it again it said that the livery was already installed!  The other instructions have told me to copy files over and edit an aircraft.cfg file.  I don't understand why I can see the standard liveries, as they don't have an entry in the 2nd folder I listed above. How do I get these liveries working?

Thanks - Gaz

• 2 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

What exact livery have you downloaded and into what exact Airbus version are you trying to apply it?

1 hour ago, Dino1945 said:

I have downloaded Alitalia CFM_A319_EI-IMD_100, and installed by livery manager, but when I charge Alitalia. the plane is non visible. Here it is the file.

CFM_A319_EI-IMD_100.zip

If you're trying to do it with the Pro version, Try this: 

Change the "Model =" line in aircraft.cfg file in Myaddons\aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A319 CFM Professional

to "Model = DAIBA".

Copy this into the livery texture.cfg file in Myaddons\aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft A319 CFM Professional\texture.Alitalia EI-IMD

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Tex_FB_VC
fallback.2=..\..\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional Base\Tex_FB_A31X

Sorry, I have modified le files as I have read on this forum, but my plane is not visible. Then I have deleted all and I expect the new Airbus with ALITALIA livery. I pray you: give me the new Airbus including ALITALIA. I'm not good to hand the files and the folders. I'm afraid to delete something, and now I prefer flying by low cost Easyjet (it has a proper livery) Excuse for my english.

Archived