[P3Dv4.2] La Palma professional v1.10 flickering boat texture

Er!k

Hello Aerosoft/Sim-Wings,

Version v1.10 of La Palma consists a flickering boat texture, since it is not mip-mapped. The texture involved is aida-col. I have fixed this myself by adding the mip-maps using DXTBMP and have attached the file so others can benefit from it as well. Can you include this fix in the next version?

Thanks,

Erik

aida-col.zip

• 1 year later...
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:24 AM, Er!k said:

Hello Aerosoft/Sim-Wings,

Version v1.10 of La Palma consists a flickering boat texture, since it is not mip-mapped. The texture involved is aida-col. I have fixed this myself by adding the mip-maps using DXTBMP and have attached the file so others can benefit from it as well. Can you include this fix in the next version?

Thanks,

Erik

aida-col.zip

I have La Palma installed in P3Dv4.5 and after loaded GCLA in dusk time the tarmac from the runway all flickering badly. I tried "aida-col.zip" and no success. It doesn't happen at day time. How to remedy on it?

I have seen this with other sceneries as well (FT Boston). Especially when having your landing lights on. Don't know how to solve it. Only functional way is to set your graphics setting 

AA to SSAA instead of MSAA. But when you have enabled dynamic lighting you really get an FPS hit...

23 hours ago, Er!k said:

SI have seen this with other sceneries as well (FT Boston). Especially when having your landing lights on. Don't know how to solve it. Only functional way is to set your graphics setting 

AA to SSAA instead of MSAA. But when you have enabled dynamic lighting you really get an FPS hit...

My graphics settings inside of P3Dv4.5 changed AA from 2xMSAA to 2xSSAA and still flickering. I may not giving exactly the kind of flickering I have. I will try to describe it. The Bird starts sitting on the runway to take-off. The runway has several of painted areas as white color that I call tarmac, I might be not be calling right. But those areas painted as white on the runway flicks badly at dusk and night time. It doesn't matter if the plane has landing lights on or off. Should I try a different P3D settings or something else? This issue I don't have with other sceneries so far ...

I have here screenshots in sequence about how is flickering the tarmac or whatever is called from Aerosoft Canary Islands professional - La Palma GCLA runway 36. It occurs only at dawn, night and dusk time. At day time it is just fine. Any solution or ideas? 

Please login to display this image.

25 minutes ago, Er!k said:

Custom shaders perhaps?

I just found It occurs at all day and night and no clues to sort it out. I don't have any addon like ORBX, REX, FTX etc …..

I don't know about Custom shaders. 

1 hour ago, trisho0 said:

I just found It occurs at all day and night and no clues to sort it out. I don't have any addon like ORBX, REX, FTX etc …..

I don't know about Custom shaders. 

Tried from the GCLA configurator deselecting "Apron" dynamic lighting and still tarmac flickering.

What filename can be renamed to off as a temporary fix? Or, how to fix it?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I'm closing this topic, as we are talking about 2 different products.

And btw. I do not see any flickering in GCLA Pro.

Archived