Marseille and Flight Mediterranée

harpsi

Hi

I am trying to combine both sceneries in FS 2004. France VFR designed its scenery at the altitude of 10 feet which seems to be the correct one. Simwings did it at 70 feet. Since aerosoft sells also this scenery maybe someone has an idea.

The problem is that I tried to get lower the whole afcad, down to 10 feet, and taxiways, my aircraft and all AI aircraft are still one the air. I tried flatten lines, all things in the afcad and it could be that the solution is to get all bgl files lower to 10 feet as well, because when I take the afcad out just to see what happens, I have everything in the scenery in the right position and in the right altitude, except taxiways and runways created by the afcad which disappear, so all AI aircrafts and mine as well are going now to the correct altitude.

I added a flatten line to get rid of the small mountains in the runway.

My question is: is there a program to "treat" bgl files so that I can get all of them to the correct altitude which is 10 feet? What is the way to solve this issue?

It seems that there is no support from france vfr and less from simwings as well. Everybody is worried about FSX and they forgot that most part of the users still use FS 9 and even less. That´s why I have to solve the issue alone with some ideas I am getting from all users of the forums (project AI, france VFR, aerosoft and simwings)

Thanks for cooperation.

harpsi

• Verified Developer

Hi,

the official ARP Altitude of LFML is 69 feet and so around 21 Meter, that's the Altitude simwings has used.

So, you should try to lift the terrain of France VFR to this level, not reduce the airport.

Hello,

this is my solution, especially also for AES-enhanced SimWings Marseille:

1.) deactivate all bgl's containing LFML in your FlightMediterraneeBPscenery folder by renaming it to .bga or something like that.

2.) deactivate AF2_LFML_2.bgl in sceneryworldscenery folder by renaming it to .bga or something like that.

3.) add the 2 following flatten lines to the entry of SimWings Marseille in your scenery.cfg:

Flatten.0=70,N43 26.92,E5 11.67,N43 27.10,E5 11.89,N43 26.64,E5 12.52,N43 26.53,E5 12.24

Flatten.1=70,N43 26.27,E5 11.73,N43 27.10,E5 13.49,N43 25.97,E5 14.79,N43 25.23,E5 13.57

There are some mesh problems outside of the Airport with this "dirty" solution but nothing one cannot accept.

Bernhard

the official ARP Altitude of LFML is 69 feet and so around 21 Meter, that's the Altitude simwings has used.

So, you should try to lift the terrain of France VFR to this level, not reduce the airport.

It is impossible to do that to a very big and complicated scenery specially when you don´t have any experience like this.

this is my solution, especially also for AES-enhanced SimWings Marseille:

1.) deactivate all bgl's containing LFML in your FlightMediterraneeBPscenery folder by renaming it to .bga or something like that.

2.) deactivate AF2_LFML_2.bgl in sceneryworldscenery folder by renaming it to .bga or something like that.

3.) add the 2 following flatten lines to the entry of SimWings Marseille in your scenery.cfg:

Flatten.0=70,N43 26.92,E5 11.67,N43 27.10,E5 11.89,N43 26.64,E5 12.52,N43 26.53,E5 12.24

Flatten.1=70,N43 26.27,E5 11.73,N43 27.10,E5 13.49,N43 25.97,E5 14.79,N43 25.23,E5 13.57

I didn´t try and I believe that it is a good solution but I see 2 flattens at 70 feet which means that arround the airport you have all the terrain much lower, is that right?

harpsi

Hi

Are you sure you see the complete runway? I tried your solution and I can only see half of the runways and the rest it is occupied with terrain mesh...

harpsi

I'm sory harpsi,

but for me and some others this solution works perfectly.

Just some questions:

- Did you disable Marseille_LC?

- Did you disable any files inside Marseille_SCscenery?

- What is the altitude of your afcad file?

- What altitude is showing your FS on thr ground?

harpsi