HUG

Timelord

Hey folks,

does anyone know if there exists any documentation regarding the Head Up display? Might also be a generic one as i guess they are quite similar in the modern airliners when I look at the interface panels...

Thanks

Smartcockpit has a PDF under the CRJ700/900 section that's fairly close.  Though based on a previous thread I don't think the HUD is fully implemented in the Aerosoft CRJ (yet?).

Thanks for your reply! I'm not sure if this is completely implemented but it seems to be a good tool, even in such a plane like CRJ. I tried it in the PMDG 738 but due to lack of information I did not keep myself busy with it.

8 hours ago, imemyself said:

Smartcockpit has a PDF under the CRJ700/900 section that's fairly close.

Do not ever use stuff from Smartcockpit or anywhere else for reference. Unless it's the same version of the manual, there might be big differences. For example: I have seen two version of the HGS manual. In the older one, it's not required to have both radios tuned to the same ILS frequency. In the newer one, it is.

Btw, I assume it's difficult for Aerosoft / other vendors to include HUD documentation because of copyright / avionics vendors not being cooperative?  (I don't think I've seen any addon include manuals for the HUD, even with addons that include the FCOM type documentation from the manufacturer)

I started typing a guide on how to use it, but it's not done yet.

For most people, the main issue will be that you can switch the active mode directly on the PMDG 737NGX. In the CRJ (the real one as well), you need to arm the mode to the STBY line first and then meet a number of conditions for the mode to become active and also stay active.

Archived