CRJ Performance in FSX: SE

How is everyone's performance in CRJ compared to the Airbus. It seems like its a bit more sluggish than the Airbus. Sluggish meaning stuttery when you look around the cocpit. But not enough to annoy you lol. 

I am running FSX SE Intel I7700HQ 2.8GHz boosted to 3.4 GHZ. Nvidia 1070. 16GB RAM. MSI GE72mVR 7RG Laptop. Windows 10 64 bit. 

Its couple FPS lower. But What i noticed, is when the gauges light up from cold and dark state, than its a brief micro lagging when you pan around in the VC cockpit. I use EZDOK CAMERA. And i downloaded the latest hotfix too. Its when you for Example: Enter things into FMS for a minute or so, and than move the camera from the FMS view to see outside while still i the VC mode than there is a micro lag. And than it dissapears and its back to normal. So occasionally there is a lag. Airbus doesn't have that. its smooth wherever you look in the VC.

Can you help me??? I am having a lot of lag and I have tried a lot of things (mainly from Airbus forums) and it is slowly improving but still some work needs to be done. Thank you! Running: FSX. INTEL I7-2630QM. 2.00 GHz. NVIDA GeFORCE GT 540M. 6GB RAM. 

On 03/08/2017 at 3:18 PM, nikita1234 said:

Its couple FPS lower. But What i noticed, is when the gauges light up from cold and dark state, than its a brief micro lagging when you pan around in the VC cockpit. I use EZDOK CAMERA. And i downloaded the latest hotfix too. Its when you for Example: Enter things into FMS for a minute or so, and than move the camera from the FMS view to see outside while still i the VC mode than there is a micro lag. And than it dissapears and its back to normal. So occasionally there is a lag. Airbus doesn't have that. its smooth wherever you look in the VC.

try to run ezdok in 'realtime mode' on a separate thread from your cpu.

7 hours ago, pilotguy777 said:

FSX. INTEL I7-2630QM. 2.00 GHz. NVIDA GeFORCE GT 540M. 6GB RAM

My laptop is quite similar and the fps are at the lower limit of what I would call "flyable with good will". It might improve a bit with P3D oder FSX as P3D makes better use of multiple cores and the video card GPU, but with FSX relying heavily on the first CPU core (it uses the others but not to their full capability), the CPU clock is a limiting factor here.

you'll need to tweak your p3d in order to to liberate one core by setting the affinity mask (http://www.gatwick-fsg.org.uk/affinitymask.aspx?SubMenuItem=hardware). eg, if you have a quad core with multi threading on you can ask p3d to do not use the first core by setting the affinity mask to  65532.  Then, when p3d is running, in the windows task manager (ctrl + shiift + esc), find your ezca process > contextual menu > go to detail. then contextual menu on ezca.exe > set affinity mask and set it to your free core (eg CPU 0 & CPU 1).

I do the same for active sky (1 core for AS+EZCA and 3 for p3d), before that my first core was 100% busy all time (i7 7700K)

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Those tweaks should be used with the utmost care. In support we see every single day where people use these tweaks and get into problems. Where Windows 7 might have had some issue with core management, Windows 8 and 10 got that sorted out. It's only when you got software that is locked to cores (extremely rare) that it makes sense to manually handle it. 

6 hours ago, blahhh said:

you'll need to tweak your p3d in order to to liberate one core by setting the affinity mask (http://www.gatwick-fsg.org.uk/affinitymask.aspx?SubMenuItem=hardware). eg, if you have a quad core with multi threading on you can ask p3d to do not use the first core by setting the affinity mask to  65532.  Then, when p3d is running, in the windows task manager (ctrl + shiift + esc), find your ezca process > contextual menu > go to detail. then contextual menu on ezca.exe > set affinity mask and set it to your free core (eg CPU 0 & CPU 1).

I do the same for active sky (1 core for AS+EZCA and 3 for p3d), before that my first core was 100% busy all time (i7 7700K)

While this might work for a 4 core CPU, it will NOT work for any other number of cores. My good old 5820K is a six core for example and would need completely different affinity masks. I use the default settings though because I don't see any positive effects from these changes in P3Dv4.

Archived