How to install Aerosoft p3d v2 into v3?

ridgey

Hi guys,

I just bought Kilmanjaro for p3d and I created a dummy folder with a p3d.exe in it and copied across the folders.. Most things worked apart from the night lighting..

I uninstalled and reinstalled with estonia migration tool with no issues.. On Avsim they strongly disaprove of using estonia migration tool, so I wanted to know how to correctly install the sceneries without estonia, it's obviously possible.,

Kind regards,

Alex

• Deputy Sheriffs

If I remember correctly Kilimanjaro was the first Aerosoft airport to support SODE.

Please go to the following page and get the latest SODE version:

Kilimanjaro was developed for SODE v1.1 while the latest version is v1.4. You need to migrate from the "old" SODE version Kilimanjaro comes with to the new one. On the linked page you will find a manual on how to do that.

17 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

If I remember correctly Kilimanjaro was the first Aerosoft airport to support SODE.

Please go to the following page and get the latest SODE version:

Kilimanjaro was developed for SODE v1.1 while the latest version is v1.4. You need to migrate from the "old" SODE version Kilimanjaro comes with to the new one. On the linked page you will find a manual on how to do that.

Sorry for my ignorance, but how will SODE fix the night lights at the airport?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they are implemented using SODE functionality.

As Kilimanjaro was released for P3Dv2.5 I don't believe that your problem is based on the "regular" P3D lighting problems many old sceneries suffer from.

Hi Tom,

I've had some sucess with this one! I created a dummy folder but there are two SODE folders that do not go into the root folder,, one is disguised as a simobjects folder, which actually goes into program data/sode rather than the root folder.

I uninstalled the version I had with estonia migration and manually installed.

It worked..

Food for thought..

Archived