Hello,

I currently have an AMD FX-6300 and a GT 730. Will I be able to run the PMDG 777 and the airport Frankfurt 2.0? I'm planning to upgrade the graphics card to a GTX 950 or GTX 750 Ti. What do you thing?

Better upgrade the CPU instead of the graphics card. Not much wrong with the graphics card, but that CPU is really not powerful enough. When you get a new CPU, make sure you pick an Intel CPU since FS always performs better on Intel than on AMD. Preferably an i5 or i7.

In the moment I can't afford to buy a new CPU and Motherbord.. But the graphics card is enought with the addons? Now I get 15 fps with the airbus and addon scenery. So I need to upgrade the CPU and the GPU?

No. What Simulator are you using? If you're using FSX, you should get an Intel Core i5 or i7 with at least 4GHz (my recommendation) to run the Simulator with Add ons like the PMDG 777. FSX depends more on the CPU than on the GPU. That means, that the GT 730 is fine and you don't need to upgrade your GPU.

No, it is not. AMD sucks when it comes to FSX, it has to be Intel. As said before, the GPU is good. The fact that you get low FPS is because of the CPU. Replace that with an Intel CPU and you get much better FPS.

vor 36 Minuten, PatrickZ sagte:

No, it is not. AMD sucks when it comes to FSX, it has to be Intel. As said before, the GPU is good. The fact that you get low FPS is because of the CPU. Replace that with an Intel CPU and you get much better FPS.

How much fps schould I expect? With the PMDG 777?

1 minute ago, A320 pilot said:

How much fps schould I expect? With the PMDG 777?

Impossible to predict, but less than with an nVidia card for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
vor 20 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

I would try to stay above 20 with the 777 otherwise some calculations might get behind.

The airplane just flies ok. The systems however take some time to take action.

• 1 month later...

You could try to lower some settings on the other hand. AI traffic for example is a major FPS killer. Same with autogen density and graphic effects like ground shadows or bloom. Disable some of these settings, play with them and see how your system performs.

Archived