Missing approach

Georgie

Hello mates!!

Does somebody would be good enough, to inform me how to plan a missing approach in MCDU.

I see a procedure written in blue, but i don't understand how to perform it.

Have  i to enter datas manuelly? and how?

Thx for reply in advance.

Regards

Hello,

entering a missing approach manually is not allowed by Airbus. You may only use database approaches or request another approach.

Hi Georgie,

I think you are referring to a 'missed' approach (ie the route to be followed after a go-around) rather than a 'missing' approach (ie one not in the database).

Assuming the former, when you initiate the missed approach by setting the thrust levers to TOGA, the FMGC should drop automatically in to NAV mode and follow the missed approach route from the database which will be initially displayed in blue (make sure you check the FMA and if necessary push for managed nav - some older FMGC software versions do not automatically drop in to NAV on a missed approach, though I think the Aerosoft bus modelled the newer standard).

If there is no missed approach route in the database then you must use selected modes (HDG) to follow the appropriate route depicted on the approach chart. You may wish to pre-tune some navaids as part of the approach briefing if the missed approach procedure requires them.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hello Skelsey.

Thank you so much for your reply.

That's exactely what i wanted to know..

Sorry to confuse missing and missed ( lol):rolleyes:

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived