Valencia v1.12 - no jetbridges

supera380

Hi,

I have just installed Valencia v1.12 and found there are no SODE jetbridges at all.

On selecting Tab S, I get the message there are no triggerable objects within 12km.

In looking at the SODE/Simobjects folder there is a Valencia folder with various sub folders but there is no sim.cfg file present.

I tried updating both SODE (with v 1.3.4 - was v1.3.1before) and re-installing Valencia but still no joy.

SODE log file indicates it could not find jetway.cfg for various Valencia gates. I am assuming because it can not find sim.cfg.

Also when trying to-reinstall Valencia for FSX I now get a Feature Transfer Error- Access is denied warning when trying to re-install.The installation now aborts.

How can I get the jetbridges to show correctly? How can I get the installer to work again?

Thx

Mark

Hi,

After spending 2-3 hours of figuring out what may be wrong here I have come to the conclusion the supplied scenery package for FSX (boxed) is missing several files! Not a great advertisement for quality.

This is based on having SODE v1.3 installed and functional at Rome but not at Valencia.

I would also note this scenery was installed without Windows UAC turned on, no anti-virus running and the scenery installer run as Administrator.

A summary of what I found and what still needs to be fixed  is below...

1. I was able to re-install Valencia v1.12 after removing SODE 1.3.4 first and then allowing the Valencia package to install SODE 1.3.3 again.
    This resolved the Access Denied error when running the Valencia installer. Obviously there is a potential incompatibility between Valencia and this latest version of SODE available from the developer's SODE web site.

2. I then set about recreating the missing sim.cfg file (which is missing completely in my installation) which gets most of the jetways back, but have discovered some additional problems along the way.
    My sim.cfg now looks like this. Can someone verify this is correct?:-

[General]

Category=Viewer
Module=SODE

[fltsim.0]
title=Latinwings_LEVC_Jetway3Pos6
model=Jetway3Pos6
texture=

[fltsim.1]
title=Latinwings_LEVC_Jetway3Pos6_Static
model=Jetway3Pos6.Static
texture=

[fltsim.2]
title=Latinwings_LEVC_JetwayOld
model=JetwayOld
texture=

[fltsim.3]
title=Latinwings_LEVC_JetwayOld_Static_2
model=JetwayOld.Static.2
texture=

[fltsim.4]
title=Latinwings_LEVC_JetwayOld_Static_1
model=JetwayOld.Static.1
texture=

[fltsim.5]
title=Latinwings_LEVC_JetwayOld_Static_0
model=JetwayOld.Static.0
texture=

[fltsim.6]
title=Latinwings_LEVC_Jetway3Pos6B
model=Jetway3Pos6B
texture=

[fltsim.7]
title=Latinwings_LEVC_Jetway3Pos6B_static
model=Jetway3Pos6B.Static
texture=

3. I then found the Latinwings_LEVC_stands.xml has an incorrect mapping of the gates shown in the SODE Gates Menu list when compared to the gates shown in the scenery.

For example Gate 3 was listed even though there's no available jetway for this spot and not available from the FSX gate selection menu which meant Gates 4 and 5 are mapped incorrectly.

I renumbered the entries in the XML to represent the gates 1,2,4,5 6 and 6B.

Gates 1,2, 4 and 5 are all working as expected now.

4. I still have a problem with Gates 6 and 6B working correctly.

The first issue is these 2 jetways only appear when I position the aircraft at these specific gates. When positioned at another gate they do not appear at all.

When positioned at the parking spot, the jetways actually moved to the aircraft as expected.

Second, the jetways for Gate 6 and 6B appear black in color. Looks to me like there are still missing texture files because I only can see a Jetway_6B_LM.dds file. No day texture for this jetway is present in the folder nor any textures for Jetway 6 at all.

Can someone confirm the list of texture files found in the folder Program Data/12bpilot/SODE/Simobjects/Latinwings_ValenciaX/texture for the jetways please?
I have only 5 .dds files present along with a texture.cfg file.

I hope someone from Support can help me out and resolve the remaining problems quickly?

As you can see I made quite some progress but am still stuck.

As you can imagine, I am not impressed with the LatinWings quality this package is offering but think this should be easily resolvable.

Regards

Mark

Hello Mark. I repond here by the mail that you sent.

I make a clear install today of FSX-SE.  I will say all that i made step by step.

1) Install Valencia X Ver 1.12

2) Unistall SODE (that come with Valencia X V1.12 Installer)

3) Download SODE ver 1.3.4 and install. (http://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9

4) Registred SODE, with SODE Plataform Manager

5) Now i download this files ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B91lzdyralDkMW01akZuVW1oZjA/view?usp=sharing ) and PLACE TO:  C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects\Latinwings_ValenciaX     Is highly recomended delete all files in this folder and place this new one.  (Valencia X Last HOTFIX V1.12.01)  Forum TOPIC: 

6) I open FSX-SE and select LEVC Stand 1. And SODE Works.

Please follow this steps and comment here.

Kind Regard,

Fabian.

Hi Fabian,

Many thanks for the instructions. I followed them as instructed and now I have working and visible jetways! Problem solved.

Question: Is this the same fix as the Hotfix you provided on June 24?

I looked here (see link below) but I did not use it as the SODE fix was apparently intended for P3D. Hence I did not download/install it as I have both FSX and FSX SE installed.

Regards

Mark

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived