Right side MCDU not working

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help.

I recently just purchased the aerosoft airbus x a320/321 for my FSX when I discovered that after installing and loading up a flight that their are some features not working. it is not letting me click the aircraft state and all the others on the right side MCDU. I have reaserched this on the aerosoft forum website and I noticed that someone had left me a link to download the simconnect, hoping that would make a difference. It hasn't.

With two re-installs the issue still is ongoing. I am still not able to use this product to it's full potential and after spending money on a prpduct that isn't fully functioning is frustrating.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Callum

• Deputy Sheriffs

Your DVD should contain an "SDK" folder from where you will be able to install the correct version of SimConnect.

5 minutes ago, callumellington523409 said:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold Edition

Callum,

Actually, there is no version of FSX called "Gold".  I know, Microsoft's marketing sort of blew that one.  The "Gold" package contains FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration (the third disk). If you install Acceleration then that's the version you have. If you install Deluxe then you also have to install Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2.;  I'm sure Tom asked his question because from what you're reporting it's possible that you may have Deluxe installed without the service packs.

sorry it is the FSX Deluxe that I have.

I have got my service packs installed otherwise i wouldnt have the other addon's.

it is frustrating. very frustrating as i cannot use such an amazing proudct from what I have seen to it's full potential

4 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Callum,

Actually, there is no version of FSX called "Gold".  I know, Microsoft's marketing sort of blew that one.  The "Gold" package contains FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration (the third disk). If you install Acceleration then that's the version you have. If you install Deluxe then you also have to install Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2.;  I'm sure Tom asked his question because from what you're reporting it's possible that you may have Deluxe installed without the service packs.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As you have the Deluxe version installed (and SP1 and SP2) you can get SimConnect from the following website, below "Installation / SP2"

If you would have installed the Acceleration packs (which already includes SP1 and SP2) you would find the SimConnect installer on the Acceleration DVD within the SDK folder.

2 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

As you have the Deluxe version installed (and SP1 and SP2) you can get SimConnect from the following website, below "Installation / SP2"

If you would have installed the Acceleration packs (which already includes SP1 and SP2) you would find the SimConnect installer on the Acceleration DVD within the SDK folder.

and will this sort my issue with this aerosoft product?

Callum.

Just to add something... as Tom and Frank said, there are several different versions of SImConnect. You can have them all installed as they don't interfere with each other - they're simply used when called by the software.  Best thing to do is follow Tom's advice and install them.

Also... I just want to make sure of something. Did you use the THIS PROCEDURE when you uninstalled and reinstalled the Airbus?  It's absolutely critical.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have just put the disc in again to see if I can retrieve the SDK folder. what can I do after that?

Please read my post #9 again. You need to install the SimConnect from the link I have posted.

Download the linked "sdk.msi" file and double click it afterwards.

Please login to display this image.

SInce you're getting the error message when trying to install SimConnect, please try what's recommended HERE.

If that doesn't fix things, you very well may be looking at a Windows Reinstall to correct registry issues.

Archived