Route optimized for wind and AUSOTS in route

Hello,

In version 1.23, in the Advanced Route Finder, there was a box you could tick to optimize the route for wind.... This feature is not there anymore, or am I missing something? It used to be very good at finding the most efficient route and was close to what a real planner would go for.

Also, how would you use PFPX to use the AUSOTS on a route from South East Asia, for example, to Australia? PFPX just seems to use airways....

Thanks for the reply.

Thank you for the reply.

What about the AUSOTS? Does PFPX integrate them into flight planning (when searching for a route) or do you have to edit the route yourself? As I previously said, PFPX always seem to use airways, not the tracks.

Thanks.

PS: Today the AUSOTS track message is not loading.... Still have yesterday's.

Richard the AUSOTS tracks here are dated today 20th April, are your NATS dated today?

A route planned VOML-YMML routed via track XM13:

Please login to display this image.

Hi Stephen,

This morning, I have re-planned both your VOML-YMML and my EGLL-KJFK using each of the Advanced Route Finder Min options and Auto airspace, with all other options unchecked. As before, Tracks: Online.

On the VOML-YMML I detect no PACOTS used, whereas in two of the four EGLL-KJFK routes NAT tracks are used.

I cannot understand why I get these results.

For VOML-YMML, I get:

Min Cost - MML L875 MMV L896 ADKIT N563 MDN A585 PKU G337 XMX T12 MERIB DCT TAMOD DCT 36S120E 46S130E 42S140E DCT POD V279 WENDY, i.e. over YPPH and deep into the Southern Ocean

Min Fuel - MML W15S CIA P895 BIKOK M641 MERIB T12 PH H18 BURGU Y53 WENDY WEND2B i.e. over YPPH then more directly to YMML

Min Time - as for Min Fuel

Min Dist - MML W15S CIA P895 BIKOK M641 KAT M640 AD H247 NATYA H119 ARBEY ARBE7B i.e. Via Learmonth and Adelaide

For EGLL-KJFK, I get:

Min Cost - CPT L9 KENET UL9 GAVGO UL18 DIKAS UL9 SLANY DCT SUNOT DCT 56N020W 55N030W 56N050W DCT YYR DCT TAFFY DCT ALB PWL2

Min Fuel - CPT UL9 GAVGO UL18 DIKAS UL180 LESLU DCY ELSOX DCT DINIM NATC ELSIR N36A TUSKY DCT PLYMM PARCH1

Min Time - CPT UL9 GAVGO UL18 DIKAS UL9 SLANY DCT NEBIN DCT 54N020W 54N030W 55N040W 55N050W DCT YYR DCT TAFFY DCT ENE PARCH1

Min Dist - CPT UL9 GAVGO UL18 DIKAS UL9 SLANY DCT MALOT NATA TUDEP N398A TOPPS DCT ENE PARCH1

Any ideas why lack of Pacific/Atlantic tracks?

As with NATS the AUSOTS have a time availability as notified in the TDM eg:

TDM
TRK(Flex Track Identifier)*(Creation time and version number)AMDT**(Flex Track validity start time) (Flex Track validity end time)

Tracks can be viewed on the map by toggling the TRK button. You can see here there is no suitable track for VOML-YMML. Track XS to Sydney and XB to Brisbane

14 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

On the VOML-YMML I detect no PACOTS used, whereas in two of the four EGLL-KJFK routes NAT tracks are used.

PACOTS are the pacific tracks whereas VOML-YMML will use AUSOTS if available.

Also, these tracks aren't shown in the ATC plan the same way that NATS are filed - the AUSOTS flex track identifier won't be inserted in the route like (for example) NATA and NATC in your trans-Atlantic examples above. Instead, the routing is inserted from the track message. To determine whether you're actually getting AUSOTS in the output, you need to compare the route with the track message or with the map as Stephen has pasted above.

For example, last night's (local time) Virgin BNE-PER service used AUSOTS domestic track BP14

TDM TRK BP14 160421093001
1604210930 1604211530
TAXEG RACHL PASTA SAPED TILLI CDU CAG NSM
RTS/YBBN BN H62 LAV Q116 TAXEG
NSM Q10 HAMTN Q158 PH YPPH
RMK/AUSOTS GROUP E

The filed route makes no reference of the track identifier (BP14 in this case) and was filed as DCT LAV Q116 TAXEG DCT RACHL DCT PASTA DCT SAPED DCT TILLI DCT CDU DCT CAG DCT NSM Q10 HAMTN Q158 BEVLY DCT

hth.

Thanks for your help, Chris. I believe I have now improved my understanding greatly, and stopped confusing AUSOTS with PACOTS:blush:

There certainly still remains much need for more complete tutorials on the whole subject of route planning, even after viewing Kyle Rodgers videos. I would be prepared to help develop any materials thought necessary.

I shall press on.

Archived