Cannot export to P3D Windows 10

Hi there,

I've searched the forum but no matter what I try I can't get PFPX to export to P3D V3 in Windows 10.

I'm sorry, but there's something fundamental I don't understand here.

I just keep getting a "Warning" (don't know what this means) and it says "0 routes saved"

The Prepar3d V3 folder doesn't seem to update to the correct path.  I have the Prepared path set to "C:\Users\User\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files", but the export to P3D V3 never changes from "C:\Users\User".  Is this the issue?

Sorry - new to both P3D and Windows 10.

Thanks,

Daniel

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please configure your Prepar3d folder and Document folder like shown below:

Please login to display this image.

I too am having the same problem with Prepar3D v3 Files location.  Prepar3D v2 Files location does not seem to have the same problem.

I've tried several "document Folder" locations...such as

The default "My Documents" folder

and then creating a new folder (off of the root...yes with permissions propagating to sub-folders)

"D:\FLIGHTPLAN"

and for the file locations (with new directories and full permissions):

<Documents>\Prepar3d v3 Files

<Documents>\Prepar3d new Files

Nothing seems to work with ONLY Prepar3d v3.  Prepar3d v2 works perfectly.

Anthony Snow

2016-04-17_16-25-25.SNAG

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

Sorry, is this correct?

The "Prepar3d folder" is the PROGRAM folder, that's the folder where your "Prepar3D.exe" file is located in.

About your "Document folder": is your Windows user name really "User"? I highly doubt that. 

Instead of 

• C:\Users\User\Documents

if should be something like this

• C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents

(replace "YourUserName" by your Windows user name)

Just use the "Browse" button behind the test field to navigate to that folder. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, tsnow said:

Nothing seems to work with ONLY Prepar3d v3.  Prepar3d v2 works perfectly.

If you have trouble exporting to v3, just use the v2 export, and point it to the "<Documents>\Prepar3d v2 Files" folder.

19 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

About your "Document folder": is your Windows user name really "User"? I highly doubt that.

No, that's what it is.  I had my computer custom built, set-up and overclocked by a third party.

This is what I have now.  I have Windows 10, with administrator rights.  (As "User")

Thanks, Daniel

• Deputy Sheriffs

Daniel,

• un-tick the first checkbox, as you have P3Dv3 and not the old P3D
  • un-tick the second checkbox, as the P3Dv3 export doesn't work for you (for what reason ever)
  • tick the "Prepar3d v2" checkbox and point it to "<Documents>\Prepar3D v3 Files", as you said, that the v2 export was the only one that worked

Tom,

I tried changing my Prepar3d v3 Addon to the directory "Prepar3d v2 files" (see image below).  However, when I try to save the file (even with Prepar3D v2 Files) the application WILL not allow me to save there.  It gives me the message "Warning".  No other indication other than that.  This is what the other user is having problems with to getting just "WARNING".  Although my OS is windows 7 64 bit.

I do believe that this is a defect within the application.  Since Prepar3d v2 addon works fine to save (see below)....however Prepar3d v3 does not work (as mentioned same permissions on the v2 folder i.e. v2 works without problems but v3 does not work) 

Thanks,

Anthony

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, and that's why I suggested Daniel to point the P3Dv2 export to his P3Dv3 Files folder ;) 

BTW: for me the P3Dv3 export works very well, so this can't be a general problem. See post #4 in this topic.

It worked for me too, a few weeks prior.  I've used PFPX for over a year without a hitch, however I tried running the app the other day and it told me that I had two computers that PFPX was residing on and would not allow me to continue (NOTE: I have ONLY had this app installed on this one PC) and that is it.  However, when I went to re-license the application, it registered correctly but I had to re-install to the latest version (since it rolled back to the default version).  I then created a support ticket and was told that they are not sure why it rolled back.  After re-installing the application to the latest version again, I now have this problem and cannot get it to work.

Thanks,

Tony

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Tony,

The "P3Dv3" export item in the list only came with the latest update, 1.25, and seems to be buggy.

Before you have either used the "P3D" or "P3D v2" item and pointed it to your P3Dv3 documents folder. So just do it again, and you are fine.

7 minutes ago, zinok2001 said:

Hi,

I have the same problem. Files wont write to P3DV3 and Prosim737 map.

Regards,

Marc.

First suggestion update PFPX to v1.26 that supports Prepar3D v3

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 minutes ago, zinok2001 said:

I have the same problem. Files wont write to P3DV3 and Prosim737 map.

Your screenshot only contains P3Dv2 items. So this is not the same problem, as the above reported problems are only related to the "Prepar3d v3" item in the export list. This is actually missing in your screenshot, so you are not on the latest version of PFPX.

Have you checked, that the configured folders exist and that your current Windows user has write access to it?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Tony and Daniel,

can you both post a screenshot of your Documents folder (C:\Users\YOU\Documents) showing the included P3D folder(s), please?

Something like this:

Hi Tom,

Here is the screenshot you requested.  Please note, This was how it was setup originally, to the location of

Document folder: C:\Users\tsnow\Documents

Addon Location: Prepar3D v3 Files

However this did not work.  Tried several attempts to verify permissions and even created a new folder with new names and original.  Did not work however v2 worked fine.  Then I created a new folder off of my root drive (H:) and created new folders off of that again v2 worked but v3 would not work.  That's when I decided to submit to this case.

Thanks,

Tony

• Deputy Sheriffs

Actually I have no idea why the default P3Dv3 export works for me and doesn't work for you (and others). If you run PFPX as administrator and the folder exists I can't see any reason for why it's failing.

A possibility to see what going wrong would be the Sysinternals Process Monitor. It shows all registry, file system and process/thread activity as also all windows return codes:

I was just about to post about this as well so good thing I for once was smart enough to see if the problem had already been reported ;)

I think the screenshot below speaks for itself. As you can see both P3Dv2 and P3Dv3 point to the exact same folder and yet only P3Dv2 works and not P3Dv3. Also P3Dv2 obviously should not point to Prepar3D v3 Files but Prepar3D v2 Files. However in this case I guess I should be happy for that mistake since that is the only entry working.

You're right Tom of course I and anyone else with the same problem can simply pick P3Dv2 from the list rather than P3Dv3 but still it would be nice if everything was working the way it should. If I find the time I might look deeper into this using Process Monitor for example but this really isn't my job to investigate but the developer's.

Couldn't resist so here goes and as you can see using Process Monitor as far as I can tell it doesn't look like PFPX is even trying to export anything when using the Prepar3D v3 export entry in the list.

Prepar3D v2 export

Prepar3D v3 export

• Deputy Sheriffs

I just re-installed PFPX again using the full installer. Before it was just the update.

Interestingly I get the same error now as well.

The Process Monitor showed up a problem with a none existing registry key. But even after adding it manually it doesn't work.

I will open a support ticket with FlightSimSoft.

Archived