Winds Aloft not updating

When using the Online weather, it looks like the Metars/TAFs are updating, but the winds aloft forecast is not. I still get the orange "Wx Updating" Icon at the bottom.

I could use ASN weather, but if I recall correctly, the winds aloft aren't forecasted as well, as it just takes a snapshot of the current winds.

Is the Weather: Online icon still remaining orange?

If so with PFPX closed try deleting ~LastWeather.tmp located C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\Temp.

Ensure any firewall/anti-virus cannot interfere with PFPX and start the program with admin rights.

My only other suggestions as you haven't mentioned tracks/notams not working would be to delete the registry entry, at your risk.

Make a note of your customization such weights, planning units etc and then disable the license, PFPX will close.

Navigate to and backup the key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\FlightSimSoft.com\PFPX

Delete the above key and restart PFPX, you'll be prompted for the registration.

Alternatively fully re-install the program backing up the C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data folder (restore data as required after re-install).

Other than that raise a support ticket at FlightsimSoft

unfortunately this is a known issue - reported by an other user as well (only 2 Users who experience this problem) - we thought it was an OpenGL issue, unfortunately it wasn´t, we still can´t reproduce this issue, so we´ve to work again to find a solution.

• 3 weeks later...

I've followed all the above suggestions, nothing fixed it. Even on 1.26.

So...I guess there's no solution for the foreseeable future?

I basically cannot really plan long haul flights as accurately now.

Mike...

I OCCASIONALY still have this problem (running PFPX 1.26 on a Vista 64bit machine, windows up to date) but it's MUCH less of an issue than it was with 1.23.

I've set up a .bat file to remove all .tmp files in the public docs pfpx documents temp folder and run it EVERY TIME before starting pfpx - 1.26 almost always behaves (if I don't delete the files it's more of a lottery). On the few occasions with 1.26 it's not played ball I've resorted to getting winds aloft from ASN which is (in my view) an acceptable alternative for planning purposes, including long hauls. Might depend whether you use ASN (or another compatible weather engine) of course.

hth.

Thanks Chris for the reply. The past few days it has actually been working fine. I don't know why it's so random. I'll consider looking at the .tmp files if the problem comes up again. I do use ASN so that's an option that works fine when this happens; I just prefer to use online wx for longer flights since it has forecast winds rather than just the current snapshot.

Archived