Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

3 quick questions from potential AES buyer

psolk

Hi everyone.

Thanks for all of your work on AES, it looks absolutely spectacular. Would love to see it at KEWR ;)

I have three quick questions before I buy.

1. What are the issues with ActiveCamera? I have been using ActiveCamera for years and could not imagine a flight without it. Just curious how bad the incompatibility is?

2. Is everything visible from the V/C as well as 2-D? I am strictly a V/C user so a 2-D add-on doesn't really help.

3. I answered by reading the forums about FS2Crew.

Thanks in advance,

-Paul

Quick reply to 2. Yes. Everything is visible from 2d, VC and external views. I *think* there are a few screenshots from VC views in my review of it at Simflight. I've definately used it from VC on many occasions.

Ian P.

Thanks for the quick response Ian it is greatly appreciated. Now, all I need to know now is what the ActiveCamera issues are...

Thank you so much again for the quick response,

-Paul

• Aerosoft
Hi everyone.

Thanks for all of your work on AES, it looks absolutely spectacular. Would love to see it at KEWR ;)

1. What are the issues with ActiveCamera? I have been using ActiveCamera for years and could not imagine a flight without it. Just curious how bad the incompatibility is?

2. Is everything visible from the V/C as well as 2-D? I am strictly a V/C user so a 2-D add-on doesn't really help.

Thanks in advance,

-Paul

about 1. the only issue is that you will not hear some of the sounds from the jetways if you are in outside view. We are still hoping to solve this but need to wait for the other party to give us some information. But it is a minor annoyance.

Oh, that is it? So the sounds still work in the VC? That is barely even an issue LOL I am never in the outside view anyway, so that doesn't even affect me. How can you pilot a plane from outside?

Thanks for the info I am going to purchase today!

-Paul

PS Are you working with Serge on this? I am sure you have his private e-mail...

about 1. the only issue is that you will not hear some of the sounds from the jetways if you are in outside view.

Not quite true. I also have ActiveCamera installed, and also inside the cockpit, the sounds do NOT play (2D view). It's not a major problem, but the "issue" is not an "outside view" only problem.

Jon

• Aerosoft

Not quite true. I also have ActiveCamera installed, and also inside the cockpit, the sounds do NOT play (2D view). It's not a major problem, but the "issue" is not an "outside view" only problem.

Jon

Thanks, I stand corrected.

Not quite true. I also have ActiveCamera installed, and also inside the cockpit, the sounds do NOT play (2D view). It's not a major problem, but the "issue" is not an "outside view" only problem
From my experience that is only one sound (unless there are some others I am not aware of).

Using Active Camera both outside and inside the cockpit I CAN HEAR:

- the ground guy

- the pushback truck

- the jetway coming alarm

Whereas I CAN'T HEAR:

- the jetway docking onto the aircraft (read somewhere there is a sound for it)

This is my case. Don't know about you, guys.

Best regards,

Rafal

I do hear the rampagent inside the cockpit (2D view), but I do not hear the jetway and the pushback truck.

I'm using Wilco's 737 Pilot in Command and PMDG B744.

Let's hope that it gets solved one day. I'm glad that it's a minor issue.

Jon

Hi Paul! :)

Another very satisfied user here...

AES adds a lot to the immersion factor on the ground and so far, it worked flawlessly. Everything is visible from VC, I sometimes move to the main door, open them and then watch how the jetway slowly approaches...

The Follow Me car is also a welcome addition and in conjunction with FSFK's moving map it is now easy to find an empty parking spot in a busy airport and then allow the Follow Me car to take me there. BTW, in the US, the FM car is different with cute running lights on the roof. Nice touch, Oliver! :)

Marshalls are well animated, bringing you slowly to a halt, precisely on the spot. I haven't yet seen such a complete animation of them.

The sound issue with AC doesn't bother me - and I can't imagine flying without AC. The first word in "Blocks in position..." is chopped off and as the other posters said, a couple of other sounds are not heard, but that's all.

All in all, a brilliant addition to the FS environment. I heartily recommend it. :)

Regards,

Jure

P.S.: Beware, though! AES will make you buy AES supported airports, if you do not have them yet. It's the newest Aerosoft's ploy to sell more of their stuff... :twisted: ... which is great anyway and should be had in any case :)

Beware, though! AES will make you buy AES supported airports, if you do not have them yet. It's the newest Aerosoft's ploy to sell more of their stuff
And I thought I was the only one to figure it out! :twisted:

• Developer
Hi everyone.

Thanks in advance,

-Paul

Hello,

releated to your question 1) there is a solution in the config of Active Camera to solve the problem, that jetway or Truck sounds will not work with AES:

Go to the config of AC and uncheck this two options:

- Activate Fly-by

- Activate Approach View.

When this two option are not check, I think then all works normal in AES.

I don't have AC, so I can reproduce it, but thats the way other users get it working.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

• 2 weeks later...

Oliver,

I have been doing some playing using the PMDG 744 and I think I might have found what the issue is with ActiveCamera and AES. I am not sure yet as it only worked once this morning and I am now on a 14 hour flight to VHHH to but when I flew KSEA-EGLL yesterday I noticed I had the first two sounds of Chocks in place and the Jetway approaching. Then I went through FS2Crew setup and loaded FSPassengers and when In pushed back I had no sounds UNTIL I clicked the parking brake in the VC. Then the sounds all came back including the tug. Got me thinking it could just be a process priority thing and something is stealing the focus of AES.

So today as soon as I began my pushback I noticed I had no sounds again, exact same behavior as yesterday and I immediately clicked anywhere in the VC to give the priority back and voila, all my sounds appeared. I heard the gate moving away from the plane, the marshall and the tug all the way through. Everything worked like a charm and all I did was click the VC to put the priority back to FS.

I really hope this makes sense and others can try and confirm. This would be a nice simple fix :)

Cheers,

-Paul

• Developer

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the main problem with AC, but even when no AC is installed, when the FS window is not the active one, the sounds will stop. Also, when you have more then one window open within the FS (cockpit-view and Outside-View) the sounds are allways calculated in volume in the active window. When the distance to the object is high, the sounds are maybe not active.

When the FS Window is losing the focus, the sound are all not played. Thats a FS or DirectX feature, where I am not involved.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Hey Oliver. It would be good for a few other users with Active Camera to try and click in their main FS window when the AES sounds disappear and see if they re-appear.

I am not saying it is your issue at all because I have seen this with a lot of other add-ons as well but it could be the solution...

-P