Airbus 320/321 does not work properly with prepar3d 2.5

Hi,

I am a non-skilled simulator trying to assist my son with his prepar3d simulator.

We recently upgraded to p3d 2.5 and I then 1) uninstalled A320/321  + p3d and then 2) installed p3d 2.5 and A320/321 ver 1.31 .

I also upgraded to windows10 prior to the upgrade.

With p3d 2.4 and W8 the 320/321 (pre 1.31) worked quite well except for the throttle.

Now much of the instrumentation (NAVs/NDs) is not shown and MCDUs cannot be handled.

The presets are also incorrectly set.

Further there are rudder problems (shakes and cannot be controlled).

I have went through the A320/321 docs without finding any clues.

Eg I cannot translate the FSX settings to p3d.

There was some case about the 1.31 installation indicating that user/docs/Aerosoft/Airbus folder should be removed which I have done without any difference.

Could someone please help me!

Goran

Thanks!

It seems to be the problem since I uninstalled the FSX to get space for Orbx and the problems highlight seems to the one.

However, I do not understand how to download the Simconnect files.

The link behind simconnect.zip does not respond as a download option:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=67233

• Deputy Sheriffs

You do not need to download them necessarily. They are port of the P3D distribution, they just don't get installed automatically when installing P3D. You have to do it manually.

You will find the installer here:

• P3D\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

Hi,

The main issue was fixed by installing P3D\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi.

Thanks!

However, the issue is now that all instruments are off i.e. proper default settings are not applied.

The same things goes for setting "Cold and dark" which does not apply any instrument settings in relation.

The throttle can be controlled from the joystick but the throttle in the cockpit does not move which it does when the keyboard is used.

How to fix?

The "black screen ..." case referenced above related to Download and install all three msi packages and restart.

Should I also run the SimConnet.msi for FSX-RTM and FSX-SP1 within the P3D\redist\Interface lib?

(RTM-JPN and SP1-RUS understood as being out context ... Japan and Russia).

I also read the Post on "Installing 1.31" (Updates and Hotfixes) which eg refers to

Manually check and remove when found: 
C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus folder

I removed this earlier and there is now a new such folder.

Could this be a problem?

My understanding of this post that it is only related to handling of liveries.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, Goredb said:

The throttle can be controlled from the joystick but the throttle in the cockpit does not move which it does when the keyboard is used.

Not supported, please read the system requirements

2 minutes ago, Goredb said:

Should I also run the SimConnet.msi for FSX-RTM and FSX-SP1 within the P3D\redist\Interface lib?

No.

3 minutes ago, Goredb said:

Could this be a problem?

No, this folder is needed. But AE advised to delete the folder before a new install to get rid of aold settings.

4 minutes ago, Goredb said:

However, the issue is now that all instruments are off i.e. proper default settings are not applied.

The same things goes for setting "Cold and dark" which does not apply any instrument settings in relation.

Not sure about youre problem here. So when you load the aircraft in C&D, everyything should be turned off and you have to start by turning on the batteries as desribed in the step-by-step guide.

Hi,

I did some after checks and noted that trying to start:

FuelPlanner results in error message in "Settings folder does not exist"

Configurator results in error message in "SharedConfig.cfg not found in user.."

I then see that the latter file existed in my old C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus folder and there is also a FuelPlanner folder.

Those are not present in the new Airbus folder.

In terms of the Control settings I have read the step-by-step guide and my understanding is that there is some problem with default settings loading.

Cold dark state Load does not generate any green text as shown for Take-off state - but should probably be normal as systems are shut down?.

Section 4.6.3 then refers to that either a user state or an original Airbus panel should be loaded. No action made to load user state (and it is not clear how to do it)

Batteries and external Power are on.

The step by step is ok until:

Infobar on page 33, no infobar is shown

4.8 Checklist : COCKPIT PREP is neither blinking in orange nor green. It is just grey

As expressed above all switches/knob Controls are set to zero.

Please advise  

Archived