Svolvaer display not normal

hkterry

Hi Otto

Thanks for your advice. I have renamed the AFX_ENSH_ALT.bgl to AFX_ENSH_ALT.off but the situation is worst than before which has a wall like object erected on the flat runway, please see photos below. I had all the Orbx products installed, may be the compatibility problem..

Regards

Terry

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, this was just a try as it seems to work for some people. On my side I also did not change it and I also have all the Orbx stuff installed and no problem neither in FSX nor in P3D.

Are you using any 3rd party mesh?

These "floating houses" apparently aren't caused by the ENSH addon:

floating autogen houses are always a (temporary) FSX/P3D bug. In fact, developers cannot specify the altitude of autogen buildings or trees, only their relative location on the landclass texture tile. Thus, it's up to the FSX/P3D display engine to properly plant them on the ground and, unfortunately, it sometimes fails, especially in hilly terrain. In most cases that can be fixed by refreshing the scenery library during the flight. Either select World > Scenery Library and then simply click on "OK" or assign a key combination to the "Refresh scenery" event in the Options > Settings > Controls menu (Buttons/Keys tab); I use Ctrl-Shift-S but any unassigned combination will work.

Holger Sandmann over at the ORBX forum:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/89983-ftx-eu-norway-ensh-flying-houses/#comment-819001

Cheers,

Markus.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, it is worst than my screen shots in #27 above. What software and setting have you installed and set, please state out these, let us think about this.

Cheers

Terry

• Deputy Sheriffs

THomas,

looking at your screenshot, I'ld say you have a far more issue with your overall setup then with Svolvaer

11 hours ago, Curtis Jarrett said:

Sirs,

I wanted to check back, any other ideas for correcting my scenery issue? Pic above in 3 January post.

Thank you,

Curtis

Sorry Curtis, I personally have no idea. You are the only one left with this problem. All suggested solutions worked for other other people except you. To me it looks as something in your overall setup is not as it should be.

Thomas,

That seems to be what I'm dealing with too. I've tried all recommendations so far, but no joy.

I only use Aerosoft scenery, Fly Tampa, and Orbx. I guess something is crossed up somewhere.

Only having problems with Svolvaer and Flamingo, all other Aerosoft scenery fine.

Thank you,

Curtis  

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thomas and Curtis,

do you have a "SODE" item within the "Add-Ons" menu?

If so, can you please check, which version is installed?

You can check this by taking a look into the "FSX or P3D\SODE" folder and there open the properties of the "SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe" file. On the "Details" page you should see a product version 1.2.1

Is that the case?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have to admit that that was the only idea I had. That for some reason you might have had an incompatible SODE version installed.

Archived