Svolvaer display not normal

hkterry

Running the Svolvaer noted there were some houses floating on the air but some were not. Also the runway did not have a slope like as showned on the promotion video.

My settings on are all at HIGH only.I have the Orbx FTX Norway and Vector installed in FSX.

Any suggestion to correct these. Thanks in advance.

Terry 

Please login to display this image.

Hi Markus

Thanks a lot for the advice.

In fact there is a selection in the Config-Tool for those users having FTX Norway, I don't know why there is a problem on that and we need to do our own job to correct it. Hoping Aerosoft will make an update version on that.

Cheers

Terry

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, I do not see the need for an update. As it simply works out of the box. There is no need to delete any files manually.

The advice given by Markus is definitely wrong. All those files are still present on my systems and do no harm.

What you see, can be the resulkt of an unproper installation, wrong order in the scenery library, manually fiddling around with files or whatever. E.g. did you run the AEC tool? How looks the order in your scenery library? did you install as Administrator?....

vor 12 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

There is no need to delete any files manually.

The advice given by Markus is definitely wrong.

Sorry for perhaps leading to the wrong direction!

It's just my practice to usually deactivate any related FTX-bgl when using third party airports within FTX terrain regions.

Cheers,

Markus.

Hi Otto

In response to your advice, I have the following points to add

1. I have selected the present of FTX Norway before running FSX

2. I have run the ACE tool of Vector but ENSH is not found in both Enabled and Disabled list,

3. The Svolvaer is on the top of the list of Scenery Library.

4. Svolvaer is installed in Administrator  mode.

5. I have re-installed the program again.

But the problem as mentioned in #1 still existed.

Cheers

Terry

• Deputy Sheriffs

1. When using any FTX addon, it is good practice to have FTX Central set to Global while installing any other scenery.

2. When you have FSX running, do you have a "SODE" entry in the Addon menu?

Sirs,

I installed ENSH by all the recommended instructions but have an elevation problem selecting Gate 1 or 2. Any aircraft used loaded on these spots are about 10 feet lower than the new scenery. When I load an aircraft at either runway end all is displayed correctly. I have reinstalled several times and always run the Orbx elevation correction tool. Thanks for any recommendations. Using FSX. 

Curtis

Sir,

I just confirmed same problem at Flamingo (TNCB). Noticed both  ENSH and TNCB are located in the SODE folder in FSX. I'm sure Flamingo was working with no issues before Svolvaer was installed a few days ago.

With either airport loaded, the SODE entry is in the Addon menu.

Thank you,

Curtis 

Sir

I have other problem at Bonaire Flamingo (TNCB) and Svalbard Longyear (ENSB) too that the elevation of the runway, runway lighting and houses are not corectly placed. Please see the attached photos.

I have installed the FTX Norway, FTX Global 2010 and Victor for the FSX setting at Global and Hybrid mode, but even Europe region mode still the same.

Please kindly advise how to solve these. 

Terry

• Deputy Sheriffs

Terry, 

what is the status of your SODE installation? Do you have a SODE items in your add ons menu of FSX/P3D? 

Curtis, 

FTX Vector doesn't come with an ENSH elevation fix, therefore no exception is needed here. As SODE is running on your machine, I have to admit that I am a little bit clueless. 

Can you check, which SODE version is installed on your machine? Maybe you have 1.30 installed to which ENSH is not compatible to (out of the box). It should be 1.21.

Hello;

One more thing,I noticed when I instaedded Bonaire,I I went to the airport,and had the same issue as you are describing,make sure that the order of the 2 files,are the same as in your Aerosoft folder,I had to swap the 2 around,in order to correct the issue,as well as running the Vector Tool.

Thamks;

• Deputy Sheriffs

Curtis, 

within your simulator manifolder you will find a SODE folder. In there should be hints on the installed version. 

I am currently far away from my computer, so I can't give a more precise advice. Sorry for that. 

Tom,

In the SODE folder, the properties of the .exe show version 1.2.1.

Also, just verified getting the same problem as Terry with Bonaire Flamingo (TNCB) loaded at active runway. Aircraft appears to be below the proper scenery about 10 feet. 

Thank you,

Curtis

Sirs,

Here are a few screenshots of my problem. Aircraft seems to seek wrong elevation at ENSH gates. Starting at either runway end, all seems OK. Even after you land and taxi to the gate the aircraft is at right elevation.

So it seems the airport (ENSH and TNCB) are loading with all detailed scenery, but elevation issues of some sort. Tried reinstall of both airports but problems remain. Checked several other Aerosoft airports and they are

fine.

Thank you,

Curtis

Hello,

i have the same problem. First I thought the reason could be FreeMesh X Global. I deactivatet the Mesh but nothing changed. I'm testing a lot an found a Workaround.

Deactivating  AFX_ENSH_ALT.bgl  and your Plane has the right elevation. But then the next problem with GSX. The vehicles are driving under the flor.  :-(

Greatings

Dirk

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sirs,

Here are a few screenshots of my problem. Aircraft seems to seek wrong elevation at ENSH gates. Starting at either runway end, all seems OK. Even after you land and taxi to the gate the aircraft is at right elevation.

So it seems the airport (ENSH and TNCB) are loading with all detailed scenery, but elevation issues of some sort. Tried reinstall of both airports but problems remain. Checked several other Aerosoft airports and they are

fine.

Thank you,

Curtis

Curtis, try to disable the file AFX_ENSH_ALT.bg  in the folder ..\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\

by renaming it to AFX_ENSH_ALT.off

Archived