Mega Arlanda X

djmarty

Isn't it time to update the quite forgotten Arlanda Airport soon?

Oslo Gardermoen has had 4 updates, and I don't think Arlanda has gotten a single one. Since this is the only available payware, it keeps people from flying to/from ESSA due to this neglected scenery.

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate all the hard work, but the sim community desperatly needs a updated version!

To be honest it would be time to update so many old airports, but for many it is commercially not possible or we are simply missing the resources.

If we would only do new versions of old airports anymore we couldn't do new products anymore and a new product will (almost) always sell better than a V2 of an old one.

Keep in mind in the end we're a company and as such we have to earn money.

We're not talking about a market with millions of customers here, FS is a niche market in which you do not have many customers.

Then keep in mind that probably half of the customers of the old Arlanda wouldn't buy the new one, so we have even less potential customers.

To be honest it would be time to update so many old airports, but for many it is commercially not possible or we are simply missing the resources.

If we would only do new versions of old airports anymore we couldn't do new products anymore and a new product will (almost) always sell better than a V2 of an old one.

We're not talking about a market with millions of customers here, FS is a niche market in which you do not have many customers.

Then keep in mind that probably half of the customers of the old Arlanda wouldn't buy the new one, so we have even less potential customers.

At least since a few days ago the news came that there's two outdated airports less that you need to upgrade. Taxi2Gate will be doing Munich and Paris CDG, taking a load off your hands. Downsize is that they'll most likely not share their profit with you, but since you don't have to do those two airports anymore you can do others.

Thanks for your reply, although I must say that Arlanda isn't your ordinary "outdated" airport. It's so "bad" that people refrains from flying to/from it, which really shows up when you compare online traffic in the region.

And I also think that since the demand for an update/new version is so high, the sales of the new version would make it worth it!

• Deputy Sheriffs

It's so "bad" that people refrains from flying to/from it, which really shows up when you compare online traffic in the region.

That might be true for some people, but definitely not for all. I have "the old and rusty" Arlanda in my P3D v2.5 and am actually quite often there and see no reason why I shouldn't ??? It is by far better than the default one, so where exactly is your problem with it? Other than that it's old and recently released airports look "somehow better"?

I just recieved word that Voyage will sign with Orbx to release a brand new version. Finally, someone who acctually cares!

And such a new member gets directly a vote down by advising people that another company is working on that airport. Why is that necessary?? Pffff. Very friendly way to welcome new members...

• 2 months later...

And such a new member gets directly a vote down by advising people that another company is working on that airport. Why is that necessary?? Pffff. Very friendly way to welcome new members...

Up- and downvotes couldnt bother me less...

In my pov it IS necessary to inform the public that another company (also eager to make money from simmers) is acctually willing to put some work to it. Since Aerosoft obviously couldn't be bothered (read a few posts up) when they update Oslo (200nm away) 4 times, but neglect Stockholm...

As I mentioned before, don't get my intentions wrong. I think Aerosoft makes a sh*t-ton of good to this community, and I have spent quite a few dollars (or euros) on their products. It just saddens me to see that they neglect one of the biggest airport in Scandinavia, with the explanation of "we won't make money out of it" (when they obviously will...)

Archived