What is the difference between Airbus X Extended / Airbus A318/A319?

a330elato

Hello. I just recently purchased airbus x and so far, I am loving with product.

While looking at aerosoft website, I see a airbus a318/a319 newer plane.

Is there a really difference between cockpit and environment?

• 3 weeks later...

It is truly unfortunate that Aerosoft did not come out with 2 options for the FMC in the 318/319.One being the FMC that is presently incorporated in the 318/319 and an optional FMC that is in the Aerosoft Airbus Extended X 320/321.If that had been an option in the config page during the instalation process,myself as well as a number of other people that I know that have ordered and have installed the 318/319 only to realize that the FMC is in fact quite different from the Flight Management Computer that is in the present A320/321 would not have purchased this product.I have told my friends that we were at fault for not completely understanding the promotional information/assuming the FMC would be identical to that of the Airbus Extended X 320/321.Personally I have un-installed the product and can only hope that in some future update Aerosoft will allow us few an update that will give the option to install the 320/321 FMC.

Sully

Indeed, the FMC of the new airbus is far better than the one in the Extended. Far more realistic. Going back to the old FMC as it was in the Extended would mean taking a step back. Sure Aerosoft is never going to do that.

Of course some things are different from what you're used to, but that's a matter of getting used to it. You've learned how to handle the FMC of the Extended, then you can also learn this one.

Hi everyone,

Well,I can see that we are on totally on different pages here and I can truly appreciate the fact that all of you really like the the new FMC in the 318/319.Yes,much to my credit I have mastered the FMC in the Airbus Extended X 320/321 but that was only because Aerosoft gave people like me (old guy,am kissing 70) the ability to input a simplified direct route into the FMC minus all the waypoint,bearing,speed etc. that is just way out of my inteligence area,let alone not having all that data at hand.In the Airbus Extended X 320/321,I can enter the ICAO letters for the FROM/TO on the INIT page which immediately takes me to another page showing me in the upper left corner the word NONE and in the lower left corner the word RETURN which I click on and I 'm back where I was and can then finish inputing all the info that I need to install such as Flight #,Cost index,Crz Fl and Align IRS and then on to other pages.The FMC for me in the 318/319 stops being simple immediately after typying the ICAO letters and I find myself on a page which requires,Waypoints,Bearings,Speed,Distance and Time.Everything for me stops right there.I am not inteligent enough for all that let alone I have that information at hand.Heaven only knows what is beyond that page! Since I have un-installed this aircraft and you gentlemen seem so pleased with this FMC I will re-install the 318/319 package,set it up for me,try to find this tutorial flight wherever it is and try it.I think it's a waste of my time but I do owe you the respect of giving this one more shot before I completely call it quits with this aircraft and can only hope that someday Aerosoft finds it in their hearts to give people like me,the option of two FMC's.Either the current one that is in the 318/319 or the other which is in the Airbus Extended X 320/321.I'll let you know how it goes. Thank You all for quick replies.I have taken them all to heart and will try one more time.

Sincerely,

Sully

No problem, Sully, here are two easier ways to work the new MCDU:

1. Do exactly what you did in the Extended; enter the "city pair" (ICAO/CODE), CRZ FL, CI, and then, for example, proceed to select and activate an arrival runway, a STAR, a departure runway, and a SID (SIDs and STARs are in the Airbus navdatabase, no extra tool required). This results in a 'complete' flightplan - without any enroute waypoints, but the Airbus will handle that sort of flightplan, too!
  2. Fill in the INIT pages and then enter a couple of VORs on the F-PLN page (VORs that exist between your departure and your arrival airport, the native FSX flightplanner can give you the VORs, if you let it create a VOR-to-VOR flightplan). This requires a couple of manual waypoint entries, but you don't have to enter all of them. And VORs have short (two or three letter) identifiers, so only little typing is needed.

Hi Cpt. Lonestar,

You have my word that first thing in the morning I will follow your instructions to the letter! Thank you very much for your help.I will let you know how it goes.Again,Thank You

Sincerely,

Sully

Hi Cpt. Lonestar,

I hate to tell you this but I re-installed the 318/319,set up all the parameters that I wanted,placed the aircraft where I wanted it,powered the aircraft up,contacted ATC for active runway instructions and proceeded to head to the FMC.I then went to the INIT page and typed in KTOL/KMSY clicked on the upper right LSK so as to enter my From/To and it immediately sent to the waypoint page where I attempted to enter a VOR with no success.I then went back to the INIT page where I found it blank and then typed in the flight number which is all it would let me put in,quite useless.In short,I am right back where I started from.This is not a good start.If I can't get past this page what am I in store for if I ever get past this page?!!!

Sully

It should be in Start/All Programs/Aerosoft/Airbus/Documentation (I think; I'm not at my pc). Follow that exactly and you will complete a flight from the very beginning to the very end. I think you need to pay close attention to the bit about loading a flight plan, but every sentence is important.

Rob.

Sully, I'm right there with you age wise and first impression of the 318/319 wise. . I did find the MDCU surprisingly different from the 'old' 320/321, but have followed the step by step tutorial and found it very helpful. Am really enjoying getting up to speed in the new plane - hope you will also. Stick with it. :)

Jim

Now I'm really curious. What exactly is so different? I didn't notice any differences. The MCDU runs a bit smoother because oft the multithreading, but what's different about the handling?

via mobile

Hi everybody,

Took the tutorial flight and have to admit it took me quite awhile with the FMC,but I did it! Thank Everyone who has helped me to get the basics and to really start learning the MCDU.First thing I'm going to do now is go purchase FS Commander,getting that program should help a lot too.Everyone have a Great Thanksgiving and will stay in touch.Again,Thank You

Sully

Archived