features suggestions for future updates

Cmbaviator

Hi all

I don't know if this the right area to post a such topic.

Since the last SP1, the Airbus X is really awesome to fly, but I think that 2 things are missing :

* Having a wind page on the MCDU that will give better EFOB, TOD, OPT ALT calculations, and if we can have something like a DCDU like PMDG did, that would be top notch.

* possibility to add a Step climb at a waypoint in the LAT REV or get a calculated Step climb ( optimum ) in the PROG cruise page and get the pseudo S/C waypoint displayed on the ND.

I know that the policy of this add on is to simulate what A320 pilots will do in a standard flight, but I do believe that these 2 things should be simulated.

I just wanna know if you wll consider adding these 2 features in the future.

thanks

CMB

• Aerosoft

Gents, please keep in mind that we have as fixed list of things we like to do. These topics often give the impressions that they have influence and it often seem not nice if we don't do the most requested one. So topics like these are rather 'dangerous' to us. We'll read them but to be honest they will not change our plans.

Why not charging more, if there are more features? I would be willing to pay twice or more the price.

I do not really understand what people expect from a low-priced simulation software. And if you see the support behind I am seriously wondering how this pays off for the developers, only small margin.

Consider that you get a greatly simulated airliner, driven by sophisticated software

• Aerosoft

Why not charging more, if there are more features? I would be willing to pay twice or more the price.I do not really understand what people expect from a low-priced simulation software. And if you see the support behind I am seriously wondering how this pays off for the developers, only small margin.

Don't worry about Aerosoft, we have been growing fast over the last 5 years.

And I fully believe you would be willing to pay more, but the market for solid medium priced products is simply many many times larger than the high priced products. If only because stores will simply not stock high priced add-ons.

It´s funny to see how you guys from AS evaluate things, better off a colorful and useless WX instead of a well working fuel and time prediction. Sure it´s nice to have a wx radar, but is it necessary? I don´t think so.

I´m very pleased with the A319, just the two things named by Cmbaviator in the first post are missing then it would be an overall great addon.

• Aerosoft

It´s funny to see how you guys from AS evaluate things, better off a colorful and useless WX instead of a well working fuel and time prediction. Sure it´s nice to have a wx radar, but is it necessary? I don´t think so.

I´m very pleased with the A319, just the two things named by Cmbaviator in the first post are missing then it would be an overall great addon.

Why is the weather radar useless? We are immensely proud of that and our customers mention it a lot as being a strong element. There is no other add-on that has anything close to it. The only other weather radar that works is in the PMDG 777 but that one only works with one specific weather add-on and has less options (for example it ignores ground returns etc).

And our evaluation is of course based on research among our customers. I spend weeks on that for every product. Clearly your demands do not match up with those of group of people I interviewed.

I fully support the request of the fuel prediction page. The problem is that it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. It's quiet important to know how many fuel you will have left at you alternate after a holding of 30 minutes and diverting. And the alternate isn't even calculated at the moment.

Unfortunately I would not expect much as I read in another thread that SP2 will be bug-fix only

That's not true. Did you look in the previewforums?

The way I understand it Mathijs means after SP2 (from the moment of release on) we will only release further fixes, but no new features.

Archived