Airbus A319 IAE Reverse

colz99

Hey,

I do have a problem that the reversers deploy, but with a extreme delay. It happens only with the IAE Engines and on every flight I do with them. When I'm in takeoff config (I load the takeoff state) the reversers do deploy, no delay, perfect... But when I do a normal flight, with the Turnaround State loaded and when I touchdown I cant deploy them. After 6 to 7 seconds of pressing that F2 Button into the ground it finally works. But then I dont need the reversers anymore :D Hope you guys will take a look into it, and fix that, btw the Airbus is great :)

Have a nice evening

No, I bought my Yoke System 3 weeks ago. On the CFM and the Extended and every other plane its working fine! And even in the windows menu there is definately no bouncing.

Yeah I know. But I did 5 to 6 flights now and everytime it didnt worked. I think the delay was mentioned before in another topic. I just had this problem ONCE in the CFM and I did about 20 flights now with the CFM.. Something is seriously strange about those IAE Engines...

Mathjis , I read a few hpurs ago some post about the IAE speed jump issue. I think there was something mentioned about that the IAE speed jumping issue only appears when using the turnaround state. Not with takeoff state. As I and BAW do have the reverse thrust problem, only on the turnaround state NOT with the takeoff state,may there be something wrong regarding IAE and the Turnaround state? Not sure but maybe it helps

Just found out that it is a IAE-specific "problem".

With the IAE version, reversers can be engaged when EPR drops below 1,03, whereas with the CFM version, reversers can be engaged when N1 is below 30%.

It seems to me that the spooling down of the IAE enginges takes more time, which could explain why reversers become engaged a few seconds later after touchdown.

I am actually wondering whether other users have experienced the same issue with the IAE version. In particular that it takes more time to reach idle state than with the CFM version, resulting in a delayed deployment of the reversers.

And, are there any plans to adapt the spoiling times of the IAE engines in a hotfix or SP?

For the reason of the late reverser deployment, I switched from the IAE version to the CFM version. But this can only be a temporary workaround...

Problem ist NOT solved with SP1. It takes quite long until IAE engines come to idle state.

Reversers become active when EPR<1,028

Found out that delay is significant when EPR drops below 1,045. Then it takes about 6 seconds until EPR reaches 1,028 and reversers become active. At that time your are near the end of the runway.

The slow counting down in range between 1,028-1.045 therefore is the cause for the delayed reversers. Just wondering why nobody else notices

I notice mate, posted on here and in another forum yet i've only been told to re-calibrate - but its ONLY the IAE - flew 2 flights today in with CFM and had no issues at all. Annoying because the virtual airline I fly for use IAE and i cant use this aircraft realistically at the moment because of this issue.

Same here, no problem with CFM.

Guess there is no simple workaround. It just takes too long until IAE engines reach idle state.

Dear AS support: is there any tweak that we could apply so that EPR reaches more quickly the threshold value of 1,028?

• 2 weeks later...

Still having no joy with the IAE reverse thrust. Done many a flight a now and they just wont activate - even though I was 100% sure that my FSUIPC settings were ok I took your advice and recalibrated anyway just to see if it worked - and the issue STILL exists. Really putting me off using the airbus which is a shame as i've waited for it for a long time and enjoy flying it with the issue aside.

Please can you look into this futher and come up with something as i'm clearly not the only one - cargostorm has mentioned what he has found so maybe a work around can be found - my brakes are really not having a great time doing all the work!

T.

• Aerosoft

Are we even sure FSIUPC is getting along with the 318/319 - I elected not to install it first time ever and I have no problems now - not blaming just throwing this out there

Should be no problem. Just do not let it work the axis if there is no need to do so.

I had the same issue with the IAE model using FSUIPC. Solved it by adding two parameters under "buttons+switches" for each of the throttle axes.

Add to "Parameter" under "Control sent when button pressed" the number 65602

and under "Control sent when button released" the number 65604.

This is how it looks like: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3d7get4td3f74j/thrust2_reverse.png?dl=0

Reversers now have no delay anymore.

Cheers,

Chris

I had the same issue with the IAE model using FSUIPC. Solved it by adding two parameters under "buttons+switches" for each of the throttle axes.

Add to "Parameter" under "Control sent when button pressed" the number 65602

and under "Control sent when button released" the number 65604.

This is how it looks like: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3d7get4td3f74j/thrust2_reverse.png?dl=0

Reversers now have no delay anymore.

Cheers,

Chris

Thank you for reporting back your solution, although I highly recommend others to avoid sending events through FSUIPC as much as possible.

Archived