Autopilot disengages

Bungle

I have recently downloaded Airbus x extended and I am having problems with autopilot. After taking off and engaging the autopilot after about ten seconds the autopilot disengages with the master warning light flashing red and the plane starts to nose dive.

I have no problem with frame rates as I have fast computer. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a patch to fix it as I haven't found one on the support forum.

Hi,

can please take a look at the side stick in the cockpit in this situation and tell us if it moved out of the centered position?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please post a screenshot of this situation. Make sure that PFD, ND and the entire FCU is visible on it.

This looks definitely like a pilot error and nothing you need a patch for.

Hello again, My auto pilot problem is fixed,it was myself that needed fixing! The side stick was fine. It seemed that I was flying to fast after take off with flaps set at take off position which had the affect of knocking off the autopilot. I will have to keep an eye on that red line beside the speed and fly accordingly.

A problem which I had not had before even with other add on aircraft. So if this is what happens in the real A320 then it should rightly happen in the simulated one. I have alot to learn with this aircraft yet. I have only just found the co pilot too!

Thanks for your help, Ron...

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

I have this issue all of the time. its like a roller coaster ride on altitude climb/decent. The autothrottle stays on all of the time! is there no way of disengaging it?

Then you are doing something wrong. Did you do the tutorial flight and did this one work?

Then you are doing something wrong. Did you do the tutorial flight and did this one work?

I was not using the throttle correctly and now understand what TOGA means and its been better. I did not know of a tutorial flight. How would I find it?

Archived