FTX Global and Paderborn

mopperle

• Deputy Sheriffs

As John Venema posted recently some pictures of the area of Paderborn with the upcoming FTX Global, would be interesting how close they come to reality. And yes I know that FTX is not a photoscenery but landclass textures.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61229-ftx-global-paderborn-germany/

As John Venema posted recently some pictures of the area of Paderborn with the upcoming FTX Global, would be interesting how close they come to reality. And yes I know that FTX is not a photoscenery but landclass textures.

My understanding is the shots are FTXG only, without the landclass updates?

So your question is not about LC but about the general character of the landscape (texture-wise)?

• Aerosoft

Well this kind of scenery is intended as a plausible world solution (like X-Plane 10 uses) and not directly as a realistic world representation. Personally not a big fan of that, but I am rather lonely in that, it seems.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well this kind of scenery is intended as a plausible world solution (like X-Plane 10 uses) and not directly as a realistic world representation. Personally not a big fan of that, but I am rather lonely in that, it seems.

I think that this does look way better then the default look we now have in FSX. Eventhough we can get many seperate add ons to enhance certain area's/regions to make it look extremely accurate it is only a certain area. Global might not be as accurate, I wouldn't know, but I think it does enhance the dull default look in FSX :)

Correct ( biggrin.png ): Those recent screenshots - including Paderborn - look fantastic!

Personally not a big fan of that, but I am rather lonely in that, it seems.

I have to agree with Mathijs. While I do love ORBX scenerys for IFR flying I hate it for VFR. If I fly over NL2000 or VFR Germany I have no problems in navigating using only the ICAO chart, but over ORBX scenery I just don't get that feeling.

With photoscenery it feels 10 times more realistic.

But propably my mind got damaged by flying in real world anyway :D

We are working on some full Germany coverage projects however that show the real ground, hope we can show something in two months time.

Mathijs -I love you

With photoscenery it feels 10 times more realistic.

But propably my mind got damaged by flying in real world anyway :D

Awkward motorways and jigsaw cities. I don't like that either.

I love to fly around the Mediterranean Sea. I bought BalearenX, GibraltarX, SantoriniX and MykonosX and I love it. One can even find the hotel from the latest holidays but for countries like Italy, Croatia, Turkey or the Greek Mainland FTX Global is the only option for a better looking scenery.

Looking forward to Austria Pro HD and some more information about the Full Germany Project

• 4 weeks later...

Somebody really needs to drag XP scenery up to the level that will allow XP to come to the fore. It's a serious sim with a serious problem, that being it's implausible world. What with the apparent scenery monopoly now belonging to Orbx for the FSX/P3d world, I hope Aerosoft will be brave enough to create the XP market that should really exist by tackling and fixing Austins mistake.

xp 10 scenery will never get better because they will have to rewrite half the program and their mindset is not going in this direction, despite serving lip service to all the devs at their meeting some months ago little else has progressed except of course going to 64 bit which is an improvement if the scenery was to be upgraded but all the signs for now are they want to keep that all in house , so there is no ability to "flatten" scenery

IMHO the future for individual countries is photoscenery and this is where aerosoft should be looking which I am sure they are.

• 2 weeks later...

Closing thread now, as the original topic of discussion was FXT Global in conjunction with Paderborn and we seem to have gone a very long way off topic with certain later replies with people airing thier own dirty laundry. Remember the general forum is for discussion on Aerosoft products and as yet FTX Global is not an Aerosoft product or one sold through Aerosoft's online shop.

Archived