A Big Thanks to the Airbus x Extended Developers

rjord

I have flown flight simulators since version 1.0 came out way back in 1982 and remember before that seeing a simulator where the airport was just a line on a green screen.

So in the 31 years I have been flying simulators I have done a fair bit of flying.

In all that time I have to now say that the airbus x extended is the best payware aircraft I have ever flown and that my other aircraft have been permanently grounded.

After buying the airbus x extended it took me a couple of weeks to work out where I was going wrong and the updates and hotfixes have made the airbus an absolute dream to fly.

I have a moderate laptop running prepar3d but have now got the airbus x extended running so smoothly that at times I forget I am not flying a real airbus.

I have worked out that in the 52 days I have been flying the airbus x extended I have so far flown 11,296 nautical miles...... not including the training flights in the first week or so where I was working out how to fly the airbus.

I would just like to say thanks to the developers and all involved with the project for putting together the airbus x extended and am looking forward to the next 11,000 nautical miles and beyond.

Roy

In all that time I have to now say that the airbus x extended is the best payware aircraft I have ever flown and that my other aircraft have been permanently grounded.

Well, you should purchase the 737 NGX... ;)

For me CPU-workload is constantly high, but framerates are great. So overall-performance for me is fine.

By the way, having been an airbus "driver" before, "converting" to the AXE was very easy. The user interface is very intuitive, congrats!

One thing that is missing from the installation instructions is the "high-def. 3d cockpit-setting". Maybe a matter of course since the AXE has no 2d-panel, but I'd like to suggest to include it in a revision of the manuals. There are a few support posts around here concerning this item ...

Archived